Hi from Oregon, USA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtmonkey

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Vincent, currently living in Portland. I used to be active in a few soap forums years ago, but can't honestly remember which ones.

My favorite soaps to make have always been very simple ones with little color and light amounts of EOs.

I've gotten much better at it since then, but haven't made a whole lot recently. Yesterday I realized I was thoroughly sick of using commercial body washes again, and finally bowed to the pressure from friends and family who have been pestering me about it for a few years :) So I made up a 5# batch today, and even went as far as coloring it with parsley and chocolate to give a sort of camo coloring swirl. I used my homemade mosqito repellant EO mix for scent (lemon eucalyptus, cedar, and rosemary mostly, with some vetiver, pine and lemongrass). Hopefully it'll bring back summer camping trips and fight the Winter BLAH I've got!

It's gellin' right now.

I look forward to seeing all the new ideas in the field in the past couple years.

V

Latest posts

Back