hello from Canada

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desederata

Reaction score
hello,

I have just signed up and am currently gathering supplies to make my first batch of cold process soap. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and hopefully learn from all of you. I may need some advice. I've been watching lots of tutorials and reading lots of information about making soap. I'm a bit nervous about the lye but I think I will be okay. I'll wear those special gloves and safety goggles and long sleeves.

Howdy from Colorado USA and Welcome, Desederata!

Just in case you're looking for a tutorial on basic soapmaking, Amanda of Lovin' Soap Studio is now on YouTube! Here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...in77tJYTSD64z4

There's lots of Tried and True recipes in the Beginner's Forum as well as "Stickies", rules & regs, and all the other soap-related forums. So take a cuppa with you and spend some time browsing the offerings.

HAPPY SOAPING! :bunny:

thank you

hello Zany.......nice to meet you. Thank you for the link. I will definitely check that out. I should be going to bed right now. I haven't even started making soap yet and I'm already addicted! Happy soaping (that's a new word for me) to you too:)

thanks

thanks for sharing that Jules.........it's good to know I'm not alone. I'll just have to make sure the dogs and the cat are out of the house when I do it.
Welcome to the forum! I️ was totally freaked out by the lye aspect too, it’s scary to start. I’ve been soaping almost 4 years now and it’s still the part that I️ have to work myself up to on every batch.

Welcome Desederata :)
I've only just started to feel comfortable mixing my lye - a little fear is good to keep us safe. And I still feel proud that I fought the the lye battle and won. I've got the trophy soaps as proof!

fear of lye

hi Millie, I watched another video that shows how to mix the lye. I feel more confident each time I view these soap making tutorials. I'm just waiting on a few more supplies to arrive and then I can make my first batch. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Welcome Desederata :)
I've only just started to feel comfortable mixing my lye - a little fear is good to keep us safe. And I still feel proud that I fought the the lye battle and won. I've got the trophy soaps as proof!

Back