Found Something I Hate About Soaping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO!

That was hilarious!

I LOVE your labels as well as the name you have chosen! The Soap Mason! Brilliant. I also like the little gentleman figure.

The puke;;;;;;;;;;;;;I would puke on the spot too, nothing gets to me like puke.....
This just struck a cord in me....it immediately brought me back to 30 years ago...a warm Thanksgiving Day and the start of the deer hunting season...a friend had struck one with an arrow in its stomach and needed help dragging it....I always felt I had a tough constitution but that day tested me....and I lost...! Big Time!!!

HA! Deer stomach is the absolute worst smell in the world.. lol

"...And if someone ever thought I'd clean up after their kids' puke while they were present, they wouldn't be in my house again..."

A lady came to an appointment at my husband's office, brought her 3 kids along because they were sick and she had kept them out of school. One ... well, you get the idea ... made a mess on the office carpet. The mother pulled that same exact stunt -- she blew it off and expected my husband and his secretary to clean it up.

Yep, beyond gross. I would have been so embarrassed if I had been the mother. And I would not have dreamed of assuming someone else would do the clean up!

Bringing this back to Patrick's packaging -- nicely done!! I use a cutting mat, rotary cutter, and see-through "quilters ruler" to cut my labels, and the process goes pretty fast. I set up my labels so each has a faint gray outline to help me align the ruler along the cut I want to make. If I did anything other than a simple rectangle or square, however, I'd sure look into a laser cutter too!

Was just re-reading this thread because I'm torturing myself again this weekend. There are some great ideas here and I'm going to really have to borrow some of them. I've got 12 batches of soap to finish labeling/packaging this weekend so that I can give some of them to family during Thanksgiving that I won't see during Christmas. And I still have to order that danged laser paper cutter ... lol

However, DeeAnna, I did use your idea of adding a faint gray outline/border around the sides and bottoms of the label to give myself a guide line as to where to cut. Works like a charm and has definitely lessened the frustration level. Thank you for the idea!

They look nice! I second the suggestion for label world labels. Print them and peel off. Like a sticker. So easy!

Latest posts

Back