Rescue snake update

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole "don't keep as a pet" issue is indeed a lot easier when you raise the entire tank full o mice yourself. Even better when you go with all albinos because then...they just look the same... and when you end up with 25 mice in a 20 gallon tank feeding time isn't so hard :). I havent made the transition to rats yet (mine gets three mice at a feeding) because of the cuteness factor. Although I will admit to having a breeding pair of colored mice first and they were my pets...but the babies were feeders.

He is beautiful! It's been about 22 years since I last had a ball. Looks like you are a wonderful Moms for him and he has such a neat name. He is making me want one. Sigh. We have a big enough menagerie though. Thank you so, so so much for rescuing this sweet baby.

He's full grown. Balls don't very big, thats one thing that makes them such a nice pet.

This guy is having some issues again. He developed neurological disorders, very shaky and disoriented. Much like someone who has had too much booze. The vet thinks its a reaction the his last dose of flagyl.

He may or may not recover. If he doesn't recover, he will have to be put down as he is unable to eat on his own right now. I should know something in the next 1-2 weeks.

I am very sorry to hear that Obsidian, he is such a pretty and lucky guy to have a nice home. Lots of good karma your way to help him pull through. What he has gone through and now has a nice home to live in he really deserves to live.

I had to let him go last week. His neurological issues weren't getting better and he was unable to eat, seemed like he couldn't swallow at all. He's buried under my roses out back.

Oh, dear. I am sad to hear Voodoo did not make it. I'm glad he had someone to care for him to heal as much as he could ... and to love him enough to help him die gently.

So sorry for your loss. Animals can take hold of our hearts very quickly and it's never easy to let them go but you did the right thing for him.

Thanks everyone. I feel really guilty that this was caused by a medicine I gave him when I was pretty skeptical about whether he even needed it. If I would have just went with my gut, he would still be here. I'm also unhappy he was given meds that are known to cause nero issues and wasn't warned about possible side effects. Reptiles just can't recover like a mammal can, a dog or cat would have been fine after stopping the medication.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself up over it, there is no way to know that he would have been ok without the medication. You did an amazing thing taking him in and caring for him the way you did.

Latest posts

Back