fat feeling on the skin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miha Engblom

Reaction score
Hello! I have been trying mixing my oils in all kind of combinations and my latest recipe is : OO 40%, PKO 30%, shea butter 15, soy bean oil 15%(calendula infusion ). SF 5%
I was happy that i managed to reduce my oil list to only 4 ingredients but i am not at all satisfied with the result... there is this fatty feel on my skin (on the hands) like 1 min after i wash and then after the skin gets a little bit dry. The fatty feeling is not anything new, it appeared in many of my soaps(sometimes it makes the skin soft , other times it dryes a bit the skin). why is this fat feeling appearing ? some soaps do not have it, some have it... but i normally have had like 8-10 oils mixed in there so i do not know who is to blame for it... i almost start to suspect the shea butter and or PO

Last edited:
PKO at 30% is pretty high, that is a very cleansing soap. How long ago did you make it?

I am not a fan of soybean oil in soap at all, I would infuse calendula in the OO and dump the soy, then add in palm oil (not the same as palm kernal oil), lard or tallow.

Latest posts

Back