Made an album

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tklechak

Reaction score
For your amusement, I just made an album called tklechak .... I plan on posting as I progress making CP soaps. I think I'm going to get a different mold though. Also, after seeing some of the other pics, my soap looks pretty lame. I think one needs to have some artistic ability to do these soaps .... of which I have none ... I even have trouble drawing "stick people"! But I could build you one hell of a motor for your car LOL ... we all have an artistic ability in something, mine just isn't in "artsy" stuff ... :crazy::cry:

Last edited:
Everyone has to start somewhere and I wouldn't describe any soap as "lame". Some are plainer than others and there isn't anything wrong with Plain Jane soaps. Some of my batches were basic...and a few were downright ugly but let's not go there, okay? :lol:

I'm not artistic, either which is why I enjoy occasionally playing with colorants in soap. I don't have to have artistic ability (just a color wheel ;) ) to produce lovely, colorful abstracts and it fulfills my need for creative expression.

Where's your album?

eta: Never mind about the album. Silly me. :oops:

What do you mean lame? Those look great to me and you swirl better than I do. I really like the colors.

Last edited:
What do you mean lame? Those look great to me and you swirl better than I do. I really like the colors.

I was just playing around ... I had the colors swirled pretty nice untill I decided "just a little more". It really doesn't bother me, it's just for me anyways. If it soaps as well as my first attempt, I'll be happy. Thanks Hazel ... I do have a lot to learn .... but it sure is fun making something that you will use. I have tried making mead (honey wine), and although it came out O.K, it's still sitting in the refrigerator as I quit drinking. So soap is a great alternative .... Timm ...:wave:

Can you use the honey mead as the liquid in a soap batch? It might make a really nice soap.

Hmmm ... not sure. But for now I'm just going to stick with the recipe I've been using and not stray very far from that, with the exception of messing with colors and swirling on the top. Once I really get that down pat, I will advance a little. I just can't use the soap fast enough .. (I also bought a couple of loaves off Ebay. I give bars to family and the neighbors, but I still can't use them fast enough .. and YES, I do take a shower daily ....:D

Latest posts

Back