Is this an issue?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlybyStardancer

Reaction score
Okay, so I received my package of colors and FOs today... One of the bottles seemed to have an issue somewhere along the line, with a little bit of leakage. It didn't look like much, but there's oil on the bottle, there's an oil stain on the cardboard packaging, and most of the batch number and expiration date have rubbed off. Should I contact the company over this, or just let it go? I couldn't find any crack or obvious point of leakage, but that some escaped is undeniable.

Also, I was wearing a disposable glove while looking for a point where it could have leaked, and there was still scent on my hand when I took the glove off. Is that normal? (I also put the bottle in a ziplock bag. Will that be any help keeping other stuff clean?)

You ordered and paid for a full and unbroken bottle, and that's what you should have.

If the hassle of contacting the company is more costly to you than the price of the fo, then let it go. It's up to you.

But as a consumer, you bought a full bottle and it's more than okay to expect a refund/replacement.

Good luck.

I second what lenarenee wrote. It really is up to you if you want to pursue it, but professionally speaking that bottle should have been sent in tip top condition and there's no reason for it not to as fragrances and oils are transported all the time. Did they secure the lid with good tape? Given how expensive these products are, well, no one would blame you for pursing it.
Cheers!
Anna Marie

I've had bottles arrive that way too, and I just let it go. It was obvious there was leakage, but there was no noticeable difference in fluid level. I was forgiving because I didn't want to drive up packing or shipping costs. But in retrospect, I probably should have at least let them know what happened so they could attempt to solve the problem in future shipments.

It's probably just a gram or two that came out. In the other three bottles, the fluid levels went all the way up under the tape, while in this it was just under the tape. Not much, but enough to be annoying.

I ended up sending an e-mail today (trying to save my voice for work--I don't want to lose it!). I explained what happened, asking them to check packaging procedures and if they had record of the batch number and expiration date (since I don't have those) on the bottle that leaked. We'll see what the response is...

Latest posts

Back