Tube sealing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanguine

Reaction score
Hii,
A few weeks ago I ordered plastic tubes (like a toothpaste tube) with the idea you can fill them by taking the screw cap of. Receiving the tubes a few days later, that didn't seem to be the case. The top of the tubes are open, so they have to be sealed. The company that sold it adviced a "hot jaw", those are +- 100-150€, which is a lot of money for 20 tubes... So the question is: does someone know a way to seal tubes without expensive, hard to find equipment?

Thanks in advance!

If you a sealer with 2 hot wires that close bags and melt that extra plastic of, than I don't think so. I used a vacuum sealer, without allowing it to suck the air out. It didn't word. It did seal in the middle but the edges didn't come together. Also it only melts there where the wire is and cuts of the rest, that while on a 'normal' tube it's 1/2cm sealed edge.
By the way, is this the right sub forum to post this? Not sure where it belongs..

you can get round wire or flat wire impulse sealers. I believe a flat wire would be more appropriate.

but I've not tried.

this is as good a place as any to post!

I've been searching and searching in webshops in europe and can't seem to find them... Sigh... (might be I'm searching with wrong criteria)
Wouldn't it be possible to heat 2 hot wires? In other words, make it yourself.
Thanks for telling me about the flat wires! Didn't know they existed.

I've been thinking,
Wouldn't a hair straightning iron work? Or would the plastic just melt on the hot metal?

Latest posts

Back