Who orders from WSP? Opinions?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vjbakke

Reaction score
Just wondering you opinion on them. They have the best prices from what I can tell.

Thanks

Threads that mention WSP always touches a sore spot. Here is my take. Lots of people are upset with there pricing strategy and for some having free shipping saves them and for some it sucks. Overall though I think peoples feelings tend to be on the negative side. I've shopped with them and liked there products and shipping was fast.

- Ken

Yeah, I've seen a lot of negative posts about WSP but I personally like them. I do like the free shipping. Twice I've had a mistake with my shipment and they took care of it right away and let me keep the "wrong" product as well.

I have always had good experiences with them... like their products, and have had great customer service. However their price increases (even with free shipping) have made it less appealing to order from them. So unless they have something that I can't get anywhere else, I usually get it somewhere else. Usually Columbus foods or MMS lately.

kbuska said:
Threads that mention WSP always touches a sore spot. Here is my take. Lots of people are upset with there pricing strategy and for some having free shipping saves them and for some it sucks. Overall though I think peoples feelings tend to be on the negative side. I've shopped with them and liked there products and shipping was fast.

- Ken

Your take misses out on the chronic shifts in pricing and policy. Up down up up up, free shipping, free shipping with a minimum order, prices up, minimum order up, prices up. Repeat cycle.

Add in the ATTITUDE...

Oh, and there is NO such thing as free shipping. The cost of shipping is rolled into their product costs. It's a business and not a charity - they are not eating the cost of shipping.

Good products, yes, but the prices and the customer service keep me away - and will continue to do so.

wsp

there is past posts about this if you want to read more. I try and not use them, but for soap boxes I have to, cheaper.

carebear said:
Your take misses out on the chronic shifts in pricing and policy. Up down up up up, free shipping, free shipping with a minimum order, prices up, minimum order up, prices up. Repeat cycle.

Add in the ATTITUDE...

Oh, and there is NO such thing as free shipping. The cost of shipping is rolled into their product costs. It's a business and not a charity - they are not eating the cost of shipping.

Good products, yes, but the prices and the customer service keep me away - and will continue to do so.

+ 1. I have ordered a variety of products from WSP in the past. The quality was consistently good and the shipping was fast. However, once "free" shipping to Canada was introduced, prices crept upward and have continued to do so for many products, including an FO I once used that has gone up 30-40% in price.

If you want one-stop shopping, you can get just about any soaping supply there. I have found other suppliers to be more cost effective for me.

I do not buy in big quantities, so for a lot of things, WSP ends up being most cost effective. I have never had a problem. I do check prices among 3 or 4 suppliers, then go with the best deal.

I order a lot of fragrance oils from them that I can't get anywhere else. Unfortunately, these are the pricier items. But for the few scents we MUST have, it is worth it to me.

I have never had an issues with their service but with some of the price increases, I will go elsewhere for those items.

You just need to open a few tabs and compare pricing with anything you order from them. That's all.

maryannm said:
I do not buy in big quantities, so for a lot of things, WSP ends up being most cost effective. I have never had a problem. I do check prices among 3 or 4 suppliers, then go with the best deal.

I'm in the same spot. I don't buy large enough quantities to make other sources worth it. I am checking pricing all the time. I do see somethings on WSP that I can get cheaper other places but many things not for the amounts I buy.

I agree with a lot of posters here. I have used them a lot because their products are really high quality and I don't order giant quantities of any one item. Their packaging prices, in particular, are good - when you order in quantities of 40-something. That cuts the cost just about in half.

Their customer service has been okay, but then, I've never had a problem with an order, so I guess I don't have much to go on. I think that on some things, their prices are good. On some things, not so much. But when you take an average, I think their prices are reasonable and comparable to other vendors.

Latest posts

Back