Your NG Favorite

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
Doing an order from NG (I realize there is probably a post just like this somewhere on the forum but I'd love some new opinions)

So... what is your #1 all-time favorite MUST HAVE scent from NG? (or maybe top two if there's a tie ;))

right now on my order is:

Childrens Room
Cotton Candy
Kumquat

(all because of some delicious/amazing soaps from PrairieCraft and NancyRogers that I received in a swap last year!)

I can't say these are "must have" scents but I love Smiley Face and Forbidden Fruit. To be fair, I've only tried about 15 FOs from them.

I love citrus scents so I was very happy with Smiley Face but I've only used it in bath fizzies. I don't know how it will be in soap.

eta: It did discolor the fizzies to a pretty yellowish color so it's possible there might be some discoloration in soap.

Forbidden Fruit - definitely an "apple" scent. The info on it and reviews said it doesn't accelerate. It seized on me but that may have been the recipe and I hadn't been doing CP very long when I used it. It's probable I did something wrong when I tried it.

Some of my favorites:
Bite Me
Kumquat
Cotton Candy
Lemon Sugar
The Perfect Man
Angel
Butt Naked
Australian Bamboo Grass

I use mostly NG's fragrances.

Just soaped "Hippy Christmas" over the weekend! I LOVE it. I might even have to change the name just so I can use it all year long. I'm not too good at describing scents but it's pepperminty (but not overwhelming) with undertones of patchouli and other fragrances. Complex.

I tried Angel this weekend too. I used 1 oz PPO. That seemed a little light...hopefully it'll cure stronger. (or my nose might have just worn out from inhaling the Hippy Christmas!)

I also love Cucumber/Wasabi/Cilantro. More cucumbery than the other two but you get notes of something more than just cucumber.

Also, I can't and won't live without Cracklin' Birch. Although most people mis-read the label and think it's says Crackin' Bitch. (Opps! Pardon my french! :wink: ) It's a great men's fragrance. It's what I make my husband use just so I can smell it on him.

I'm hearing nice things about the Kumquat. I might have to give that a try in my next order.

Hippy Christmas huh... I love mint, I might have to give that a try.
I'm going to also go look up what Pink Sugar smells like since everyone seems to love it!
Lemon sugar sounds amazing too...

The kumquat is so yummy. I got a bar of it in a swap and loved it.

Lyn & Chay- Do you get yellow/brown suds/bubbles with the Pink Sugar from NG?

I love the way the Pink Sugar from Peak smells, but my soap has a really yucky yellow/brown lather & the bar is extremely slimy. It did discolor a dark brown. Other soaps with the same recipe aren't this slimy, so I'm leaning towards FO.

I recently ordered Mardi Gras and it smells absolutely amazing. I'm going to pair it with sunflower, and I'm hoping it'll turn out like an amazing sweet fruity smelling flower.

Stacey said:
I use mostly NG's fragrances.
I tried Angel this weekend too. I used 1 oz PPO. That seemed a little light...hopefully it'll cure stronger. (or my nose might have just worn out from inhaling the Hippy Christmas!)

Stacey,

I also think Angel is a bit weak in CP if you do the standard 1 oz PPO, but I checked the IFRA on NGs site and you can use up to 75% in soap products. Obviously, I wouldn't go that far, but I did make a batch recently using 1.5 oz PPO and it is perfect. I know it goes against the frugal grain to use that much FO in CP, but I love the scent so much I decided it was worth the spluge. HTH.

Thanks for the tip Nancy! I do like the fragrance so I'll probably try it again and up it to 1.5 oz/ppo..maybe even a titch more. I do like a stronger smelling soap.

Has anyone ever soaped with NG's "Beach Bum"? There aren't any reviews on the NG's page, Soap Scent Review Board or the SMF/Peak's Spreadsheet.

I sent my niece over the Nature's Garden webpage to pick out a fragrance to use for her wedding next summer and she's picked Beach Bum. Of course. :wink: The only one that NO ONE seems to know anything about! LOL! Good thing I've got 10 months to work on it.

I adore so many of their scents, I cant think of all of them.
I do adore angel( i use at 1ozpp and think its fine) lav/vanilla is great, blood orange is good, blackberry jam, fuzzy navel, love juice( which I call love potion)!

honor435 said:
love juice( which I call love potion)!

I know what you mean about love juice. I haven't tried it yet because the name just grosses me out. Ewwww! It would certainly require a name change. Might have to try it if you think it's good though.

Haha... love juice. Is it love spell scented? Will have to check that one out myself on Ng's website when I get home.

I believe their Love Spell dupe is Loving Spell.

Man I LOVE NG and it's VERY hard to pick just a couple I love!
My fiance LOVES Stud.
My fave is the Baby Grace Dupe. Pink Sugar, I made a roll on with it and had people asking what I was wearing!
Pineapple Orchid is beautiful, so is Alyssum (and I"m not normally a floral fan).
I have probably 60 of their FO's I love them so much. LOL

I just made a couple soaps tonight using some of my new NG scents in MP soap.

Tropical bast - AMAZING!
NG Delicious type - smells almost identical to DKNY Be Delicious
Fresh brewed coffee (original) - My house smells like my coffee pot got into a fight with a skunk. Very strong scent OOB, there was no amount of vanilla I could have poured in to even begin to mask the skunkiness of the coffee. Maybe by morning it will smell better. (Doubt it)

I just got my first order from them a few days ago - so far only made bath bombs but my favorites I ordered are Cucumber Cantelope and Strawberry Passion. My goodness they are yummy. Very strong scents. Also got Amazingly Grace and Best Friends - very pretty scents. Peppermint Patty smells just like a York peppermint patty - how do they do it?!

misslavey said:
I just made a couple soaps tonight using some of my new NG scents in MP soap.

Tropical bast - AMAZING!
NG Delicious type - smells almost identical to DKNY Be Delicious
Fresh brewed coffee (original) - My house smells like my coffee pot got into a fight with a skunk. Very strong scent OOB, there was no amount of vanilla I could have poured in to even begin to mask the skunkiness of the coffee. Maybe by morning it will smell better. (Doubt it)

Oh dear me this is breaking down my resolve not to reorder until I REALLY do need to :0). Going to put the Delicious and Tropical Blast on my NEED list :0)

Back