Pig fat removal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galavanting Gifts

Reaction score
My husband is an aluminium bullbar polisher, in the course of his day he is caked with pig fat/polish and aluminium dust. The poor shower looks gray after each use. Any suggestions on home cleaners to clean the shower walls, floor, the walls are ceramic tiles with glass screens and a fibre glass? plastic flooring. I liked it better when he was able to shower at work rather than at home :?
Also, we have a front loader washing machine, is there anything I can run through the machine to keep things clean? I use cold water cycle only.
Thankfully he is one of few that wears his overalls over his clothes so the clothes are not caked with the substance.
Believe me, ANY ideas would be appreciated. :wink:

EWW! Just today, I received one of those stupid E-mails about useful items, one being that WD-40 is great on shower stalls and cleaning grime off of most everything. I was going to test it on our shower stall just to see. Can't tell you if it works or if I dare shower in a stall cleaned with WD!

one being that WD-40 is great on shower stalls

WOW !! I'd make sure that shower is rinsed, rinsed, rinsed, and then rinsed again. Using WD-40 sounds like an accident waiting to happen, it would make everything slick, I mean reaaaaaaaaal slick :shock:

:lol: Ditto on that one! But it still intrigues me. Especially if it is good for removal of tar and such off your walls. Dogs got into that, and I can't get it off with anything!

SimplyE said:
:lol: Ditto on that one! But it still intrigues me. Especially if it is good for removal of tar and such off your walls. Dogs got into that, and I can't get it off with anything!

I might try it on the walls but that shower idea LOL I dunno !

There's something called "Oops" I found years ago that takes darn near anything off. I bought it when my nephew drew in sharpie marker all over my brand new loveseat - believe it or not, it took it all out !!!

Oops should work on the tar walls I'd think :)

There is a product called Gell Gloss , you apply it let it dry and polish , I find it works very well to keep the shower or tub easy to clean .

WD40? now that's interesting, i'll ive it a go in a small area and see how it goes I can't say I would be looking forward to the smell lol.

As for the other products, I've never heard of them here in Australia, i'm wondering if we have something similar.
In the end I used my new homemade laundry liquid which worked pretty good, and I also used some of my soap with a scourer, i'm not sure which I liked best.
I liked the detergent in the liquid form although it had the consistency of nasal goop lol, and the shower smelt like Eucalyptus. :D

Back