Candle removal from base

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggildas

Reaction score
Hi all, I hope someone can advise me on this problem :headbanging:

I have a 12cm x 12cm x 12cm cube candle on a square glass base 22cm x 22cm.

I would like to remove and reuse the candle. I would also like to reuse the glass base for a different project, so don't want to damage it dy direct heating.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Do you have a thin wire? Or maybe a paring knife to slice the candle off the plate?

Fill the jar with boiling (very hot) water . ( be careful, take precautions, etc). When it cools the remaining wax in the jar will float, and most time the base of the wick too.

When it cools, just take off the floating wax and wash / clean your jar. Is the base of the wick is still attached, it will easily come off if you push it with a screw driver or something.

Many Thanx 4 reply. Never thought of that. Cut it like a full round of cheese. May try warming the wire first.

Sunrisearts, not sure if it will penetrate that far in. Might use a combination of your reply and BattleGnomes idea.
Use boiling water to get under the monster, then use wire. Thanx.

It word for me! The thing about trying to scrape it is that you will lots of small pieces. Try the water first. You will be surprise!

Back