Salt soap and what I guess I could say is a column? LOL

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
Okay well, I've never done a salt soap, so decided to try.
Here is the result. I was worried about them the most and they actually were a breeze. Very easy and fun.
No color and the scent is Jamaica Me Crazy from Peak

this is my Kelsei mold. I filled it a little full, but I like nice chunky bars. We'll see how hard it is to get them out of there. :)
SaltBars.jpg

Next is an old rose mold I had lying around -
RoseSaltBars.jpg

These 3 are some chunky Easter molds I got last year on sale - this is the first time I've used them -
EasterSaltBars.jpg

Now onto the so-called "column" soaps. I stg that when the soap gremlins hear that J is going to do a column they decide to come and visit!! LOL
I think this is the last time that I will be putting the scent in before emulsification. This is only the second time I've done it (first was for another column soap too) because both times I practically had soap on a stick by the time I was done.
With this soap, by then end I was literally scooping it out of the glass by hand and just throwing and smooshing it in the mold. LOL
It'll be interesting to see what it looks like once it's cut. I'll post those pics tomorrow along with the salt bars out of the molds. :)
Anyway, here it is. - It's off resting until I cut it tomorrow night - oh and the scent is Lemongrass & Sage, also from Peak. Smells divine - looks Meh... LOL
FailedColumnbatch.jpg

And a little better pic -
LemongrassColumn.jpg

ummm.... fun... LOL

nice colors and the scent sounds yummy at least.

can't wait to see that chunky salt bar!

Great you've made salt soap and it went well!

Your lemongrass and sage looks great, and here's hoping it will be ok when it's cut into bars.

Congratulations on your first salt batches!

You may not think your Lemongrass & Sage looks good but I think it does. I think you'll like it better once it's cut. And speaking of cut, when are we going to get to see all of them out of the molds? :D

Hazel said:
Congratulations on your first salt batches!

You may not think your Lemongrass & Sage looks good but I think it does. I think you'll like it better once it's cut. And speaking of cut, when are we going to get to see all of them out of the molds? :D

The salt bars are ready to come out of the mold (actually they were ready last night, but I was lazy and tired! LOL)
And I'll probably cut the S&LG tonight and post if I have time, if not then def tomorrow after work. :)

Thanks everyone.
I appreciate the comments.
Looking at the pic today, I actually like it better than I did last night. It's not horrible, just not at all what I wanted... LOL

no, definitely not horrible, might actually be even better than what you had envisioned!

Sunny said:
no, definitely not horrible, might actually be even better than what you had envisioned!

Yeah! Show us pics when you cut, please!
Hope you like your salt soap, although it is a bit of a wait, I think it's worth it :)

saltydog said:
Sunny said:

Hope you like your salt soap, although it is a bit of a wait, I think it's worth it :)
Oh did you not see?
I posted a pic here - http://www.soapmakingforum.com/forum/vi ... highlight=
I'll probably keep about 4 bars and shred the rest for confetti soaps...

saltydog said:
Sunny said:

Oh and yes, I LOVE salt soaps. Love them... I hope mine turn out just as nice as ones I've used in the past. :)

Back