When will I learn!!?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How many times am I going to forget to spritz my first layer with alcohol before pouring the second layer? UGH!

This should be one of those mistakes you make only once....Not in my world!

aw I know just how frustrating that is! I still pour and THEN realize i forgot my fragrance! This usually happens if hubby or the kids are around or talking to me...

Fullamoon said:
aw I know just how frustrating that is! I still pour and THEN realize i forgot my fragrance! This usually happens if hubby or the kids are around or talking to me...

Oh, how true! I just love soaping alone. I get up really early on my days off just to have the kitchen to myself :wink:

I can't count how many times I've almost forgotten. I'm sure one of these days I will forget it. :)

The worst thing l did was pickup a bottle of "Spray & Wipe"(Kitchen Spray) and sprayed the top of a 2lb soap loaf instead of using the bottle of alcohol sitting next to it.2lbs of base wasted.
Moral of the story clear your bench before you start soaping. :)

I always here that you need to spray each layer but why? what does it do? I used to let the first layer harden completely before I added a 2nd layer. =\ this was before I really read into MP soaps

LushishLux said:
I always here that you need to spray each layer but why? what does it do? I used to let the first layer harden completely before I added a 2nd layer. =\ this was before I really read into MP soaps

Lush, my layers always separate when I don't spritz with alcohol. The alcohol helps the layers to stick.

trishwosere said:
Just out of curiosity could someone please clarify which alcohol is needed when layering please?
thanks loads :)

I use the regular 70% isopropyl alcohol that you buy at your pharmacy or grocery store.

saltydog said:
trishwosere said:
Just out of curiosity could someone please clarify which alcohol is needed when layering please?
thanks loads :)

I use the regular 70% isopropyl alcohol that you buy at your pharmacy or grocery store.

Many thanks saltydog, much appreciated :D

Saltydog...that's a VERY cute soap pic you have in the profile pic. I've never tried tilting my mold b/c I know I would make a mess pouring the other layer but that looks awesome!

llineb said:
Saltydog...that's a VERY cute soap pic you have in the profile pic. I've never tried tilting my mold b/c I know I would make a mess pouring the other layer but that looks awesome!

Aww thanks! Nah, just rest it on something, it will be fine :)

Back