soapcake frosting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyE

Reaction score
The soap cake is ready to be frosted, and I was originally just going to use whipped soap like I do for my "cupcakes". I decided I would rather drizzle the "frosting". I see some people do M&P for the frosting (mine is CP). If i just do a batch of CP and drizzle it over, is alcohol still recommended or how is the best way to make it stick?

Thanks!

There is a thread here somewhere about this very subject . (I can't find it , search isn't working properly ,I don't think) .

kitn

I have searched and cannot find it. I thought there was too...

Nonetheless, i spritzed one with alcohol and one just plopped the CP on. I cut while it was still soft. We'll see, but would still like to hear what other people have done.

E, I think you're on the right track, I would have definitely sprayed it before drizzling the new soap. How cured is the main "cake" soap?
The only trouble that I can forsee, and I hope it doesn't happen, is that as the soap cures and loses water and shrinks, that the topping will shrink also and come off the main cake. KWIM?

ChrissyB said:
The only trouble that I can forsee, and I hope it doesn't happen, is that as the soap cures and loses water and shrinks, that the topping will shrink also and come off the main cake. KWIM?

This was what I was worried about. One cake was only 24 hours out of the mold. The other was about 48 hours out. Do most frost CP with M&P?

Will be a learning curve :wink:

Just wait and see E, hopefully it will be ok!
I do know, that say if you made a batch of cp soap, and wanted to put a clear layer of mp over the top, you would have to wait for the cp to fully cure before pouring the mp on the top. But your is two cp layers, and the first is rather fresh, so hopefully they will cure at the same time, and won't separate.

Back