Scent vs appearance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White soap, 7 or 8 black pencil lines, pulled up from the center with a hangar. Brown, red, or green top.
This is similar to what I was thinking, but maybe a tiger stripe of two shade of white before pulling up through the middle. I like the idea of pouring the "cover" last.

So, I was smelling the "books" FO again today and I think maybe I placed it! Smelling it brought back a memory of a particular bottle from my childhood. Does anyone remember English Leather cologne? I think that might be what this smells like! It was one of those things that my grandmother would buy my dad for Christmas.

So, I was smelling the "books" FO again today and I think maybe I placed it! Smelling it brought back a memory of a particular bottle from my childhood. Does anyone remember English Leather cologne? I think that might be what this smells like! It was one of those things that my grandmother would buy my dad for Christmas.

I do remember English Leather! Colors - medium brown, deep red and gold! With a little black or some white.

Oh, more than one! They all have names from manufacturers that seem to have little to do with the scent. The newest is called "Books Abound," and is supposed to make you think of musty old bookstores filled with literary treasures. It doesn't. It smells like a nice, light, men's fragrance.

That's too bad. I absolutely love the smell of old paper pages in books. That description would not make me think of leather in the least, but I would certainly want it to smell like old paper pages. One of my favorite things to smell.

And yes, I do remember English Leather. As a teen it was one my favorites. I think it came out at the time and I was just influenced by all the advertising. For the life of me, I really don't remember what it smells like.

I can obsess about colors for weeks before I decide. But when I'm really in a bind I search color palettes on pinterest and then I can choose or at least narrow down my choices.

Latest posts

Back