Mighty Molds - Modular Loaf Silicone Soap Mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the long embed molds that you can place the full length of a log or loaf mold. A palm tree, floral, moon, sun etc.

I like the long embed molds that you can place the full length of a log or loaf mold. A palm tree, floral, moon, sun etc.

Isg, what kind of length are we talking? And would the width be the same as a traditional loaf mold, or wider?

Obsidian,

I'm familiar with that mold. Before we started making our own molds, we actually purchased some silicone versions of yours that we used to create our sponge soap.

Soap2.jpg

I wasn't able to find them at the place where we bought ours, but I was able to track one down for you on Amazon.
Hope this helps... and let me know if you ever want a sturdier version.

Mold for Obsidian

If you search the term 'Easter Egg' silicone mold, you can probably find a few different versions.

Thank you. I actually have seen that mold but its not quite domed like the plastic molds I have. I should just get that silicone one and see how it compares though.

Thank you. I actually have seen that mold but its not quite domed like the plastic molds I have. I should just get that silicone one and see how it compares though.

Obsidian, I don't believe the silicone version is quite as deep as the plastic one. They are about 1-1/4" deep, and I believe they hold about 5 to 5.5 oz.

Isg, what kind of length are we talking? And would the width be the same as a traditional loaf mold, or wider?
About the length of a regular 2 lb loaf mold, (8"-10"). And not quite as wide as a regular loaf mold (1.5"-2" diameter).

About the length of a regular 2 lb loaf mold, (8"-10"). And not quite as wide as a regular loaf mold (1.5"-2" diameter).

We've had a few people mention similar size loafs to us. The taller/thinner theme seems to be popular, so it's definitely something we're going to try and make. Just a matter of coming up with a dimension that everyone likes.

Latest posts

Back