Ontario Beekeeper

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metis27

Reaction score
Hello Everyone - My name is Sandy and i live in Ontario, Canada. During the summer months, I am a beekeeper. I just got into them this past year and they are somewhat addictive. Now that they are tucked in for the winter, I am looking for ways to use the by products of the hive. I am interested in beeswax candles and honey soap and am anxious to learn from all of you.

Hello to a fellow beekeeper and I totally understand the addiction. Honeybees are also what led me to candlemaking and soapmaking. :) Talk about a slippery slope of addiction!

Another beekeeper here. What started as one beehive to pollinate tomatoes has resulted in over 250 hives. I use honey and beeswax in my soaps and it's lots of fun. Welcome

BeesKnees so I missed that question! Tomatoes are struggling to be pollinated as we have an orchardist nearby who seems to spray some crap every day, so our bees are safer if they are not in our backyard.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Currently I have 2 hives but working my way up to 5. That would be enough work for me, I think but I will also admit, they are super additive. Thanks for the advise as well. Certainly want to learn.

Back