Cade eo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattiesmom

Reaction score
Has anyone had luck with using this eo in cp soap? After searching for a "smoky" scent Cade was recommended so I purchased from Liberty Naturals. I thought it would a somewhat thicker oil but this stuff is denser than road tar, don't know how they got it into the bottle. I tried to heat it in a double boiler and microwave, very little change. Managed to drag some out of the bottle on a skewer (ruined now) to incorporate into melted oils. This resulted in small to large hard chunks throughout which had to be filtered out numerous times. I have since learned alcohol may be the only way to dissolve it to a usable state. Not sure that could be used in soap though?? Also have conflicting information about safety. The only good thing is the filtered oil did have a very nice smoky scent which I think is holding in the soap - was going for a campfire blend. I hope I'm not stuck with a useless eo, looking for input and help as usual. BTW, the scent is nearly identical to liquid smoke to me, should have used a dollop of that maybe?:???:

Don't use liquid smoke in soap. I don't think the scent would come through also I have no idea what is in it. However, you could always send me the cade. I love it! You tried tincturing it, correct?

What about infusing the cade in your soaping oils, then straining it before use. You'd have to plan ahead.

Back