Toasted almond w/ goats milk & oatmeal pics~

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknRoll

Reaction score
The smell is A-MazIng! :)

P1220003.jpg

P1220006.jpg

P1220018.jpg

P1220022.jpg

I could see where it started to heat... glad I saved it when i did!

Did you have any trouble getting the soap out of the molds? It doesn't look like it from the pics, I don't see any dents or dings. I bet you are loving your new mold!

I AM loving it! I took the end cap right off and pushed it out with a jar! It was easier than I thought. Im thinking of using it again tonight :)

I AM loving it! I took the end cap right off and pushed it out with a jar! It was easier than I thought. Im thinking of using it again tonight :)

You go girl, a batch of soap a day, that is what I am shooting for. Well at least a batch a day on the days that I am not scheduled to work. Ever since I received my EOs and natural colorants order I have been playing with a whole new lineup....lol! It was brutal when I started back to work and had to take about a 2 week hiatus from soaping.

You go girl, a batch of soap a day, that is what I am shooting for. Well at least a batch a day on the days that I am not scheduled to work. Ever since I received my EOs and natural colorants order I have been playing with a whole new lineup....lol! It was brutal when I started back to work and had to take about a 2 week hiatus from soaping.

it was funny. One of my friends came over last night and I showed her my newest batch. I told her that I had made it with one of the new FO's I recieved earlier that day in the mail. She laughed and said, "you just got it an hour ago and you already made soap with it!" ...what can I say! I cant get enough, I have so many ideas! They are like my little "batch babies" lol

I have a notebook full of ideas for soap. I made cupcake soaps a couple days ago that I was so pleased with. I write everything down and draw oodles of diagrams. I already have my plans for tomorrows soap as well as Thursdays. Then I am on hold again til Monday, but I have that one planned as well. Like I said, new EOs and new colorants there are just so many things I can create!

I know the feeling! i usually draw out a diagram so I can follow a plan. Im all about trying to create my "Vision." this was one of those times when I was actually successful!

P1220008.jpg

P1120259.jpg

You soap looks lovely!! I am especially of how clean bars are once you cut them. Will you share your secret to cutting such great looking bars?

Thank you! And absolutely! I have a soap cutter that makes them all the same size all in one fell swoop. it was expensive but worth it. Next I kind of run my fingers accross the edges after they're cut. Then after letting them dry for a couple days I use my veggie peeler to bevel the edges. I am so OCD about making them look perfect lol!

Thank you! I was a little hesitant because it was 8 years ago that I had made a goats milk soap. I only had books to go by and i froze the goats milk and added lye to it. I remember there being a horrible amonia like smell and it turned orange. (it turned out still) I dont do it that way now but i have to say this last go was a good experience!

Which soap cutter did you purchase? I am looking for one and as you mentioned they are so expensive so I want to make sure I purchase a good one!!!

Which soap cutter did you purchase? I am looking for one and as you mentioned they are so expensive so I want to make sure I purchase a good one!!!
I wasnt sure how to post the link to etsy so I took a screen shot of the one I got. (only difference is mine cuts 1 1/2 " bars.) He goes by "budhaffner" on Etsy. hope this helps!

Untitledff.jpg

Back