From lavender mint to minty lavender

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluehouse

Reaction score
I made the lavender mint 2 weeks ago and it had a real nasty case of soda ash. After I trimmed, the bars were much smaller than original size. I decided to grate a couple of the bars and incorporate into a new batch that I used lavender and peppermint eo and TD to get the white and swirled the top. I love the new look....except I wish the swirl colors on top hadn't penetrated the white quite so much. So I went from lavender mint to minty lavender :D

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/75/lavendermint.jpg

Thanks everyone! I had almost as much fun doing the photo shoot as I did making the soap. I took pictures of 15 different bars of soap and had lots of fun finding just the right background for each soap.

I really like the color. That purple was exactly what I was looking to get with my last batch.

I had not thought that green would work well but it looks very nice especially in the first photo.

Thanks everyone! I am a quilter too, but making the soap allows me to be creative without putting quite so many hours into just one project. I have been very inspired by all the awesome soaps posted on this forum. So many talented people...thanks to all who share their pictures. I never tire of looking at them and then trying to decide if I can do the same.

Back