Mojito EO Blend

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellador

Reaction score
I usually receive more information than I give on this forum, so I just wanted to share what I believe to be a true Mojito EO blend. It's my favorite drink, so I had to find a way to replicate it! Let me know if you have any variations you'd like to share :) Cheers!

10 parts lime
1 part spearmint
1 part peppermint
2 parts litsea cubeba
3 parts amyris

Hey there. I tried your formula as part as an aftershave splash, though even with half the lime, I felt like the lime was soooo overpowering. That said, very clever move with the litsea cubeba.

Have you tried adding ginger?

Sounds awesome - thanks for sharing! Curious, have you soaped with it? I do not have any amyris on hand, but it looks like it's a woodsy scent so may give it a whirl with a cedarwood sub.

Hey there. I tried your formula as part as an aftershave splash, though even with half the lime, I felt like the lime was soooo overpowering. That said, very clever move with the litsea cubeba.

Hmm, maybe it's the lime EO I am using. I found this particular brand to be not a sweet lime, but more of subdued lime (maybe because it's expressed and not distilled?).

...or maybe I just like a lot of lime in my mojitos :) lol

Sounds awesome - thanks for sharing! Curious, have you soaped with it? I do not have any amyris on hand, but it looks like it's a woodsy scent so may give it a whirl with a cedarwood sub.

I have not soaped with it, but I'm planning to this weekend. To me, amyris always adds a sweet note as long as it's not used in large amounts. If it's in stronger amounts, it definitely adds more of a woodsy feel to it.

You could try it in a Q-Tip blend first to see how the cedarwood does.

Oh, and I haven't added ginger but it sounds interesting. Did you try it?

Oh, and I haven't added ginger but it sounds interesting. Did you try it?

Yes, the ginger adds a nice touch of complexity.

Ginger aside, everyone says my mix smells mike lemongrass. I think it's the May Chang (litsea cubeba).

I'm also curious to how the scent will hold up in soap as citruses tend to fade,would be awesome to hear back from you after cure:)

I found this mix in liquid form was super heavy in the lime dept. Instead of 10 parts lime i used 4 and I still felt it meeded less (and I love lime)

I just soaped with this blend about a week ago. I ended up using 52% lime, 13% spearmint, 8% peppermint, 12% litsea, and 15% amyris.

It does still have strong lime, with minty after notes (is that a thing?). In my opinion, it's a pretty balanced blend, but I can tell that the lime is fading already. I wish there was a base note to hold it all together- it is pretty light and fleeting. I'd love to hear some other suggestions for this mix. :)

Celldor I agree it is pretty subtle after a dew moments. Did you try it with ginger? Just an idea

Back