Need recommendation: vanilla color stabilizer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candice19

Reaction score
I'm not sure why these differ so much in instructions and usage rates:

WSP: http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Pr ... uctID=2152
- Add equal amounts of neutralizer to the fragrance. Mix well and allow to sit a minimum of 2 minutes. Add to product.
- 1/2 oz Stabilizer and 1/2 oz Fragrance Oil per 1 lb. MP Soap

.... won't this mean that the fragrance will be pretty light considering you're cutting usage rate in half (assuming 1 oz/1lb MP)

Brambleberry: http://www.brambleberry.com/FragranceOtoZ.aspx (under "Vanilla")
- Use one tablespoon per pound of Melt and Pour soap.

.... this doesn't need to be mixed with anything?

Anyone have experience, and recommendations?

Sorry to bump, but anyone have any experience?

I need to place an order soon, I don't really want to ask the company directly because they never know about other company's products.

x

i don't have any experience with stabilizers in c/p, but i use bendel bean from www.soapsupplies.net it is a wonderful vanilla and aboloutely no discoloration or acceleration. (no drama!)

sorry i couldn't be more helpful.

I do MP, but I have so many fragrances that have vanilla in it. I found out about Pink Sugar the hard way lol.

No the fragrance wont be any lighter in scent. Just follow the directions of mixing and let sit for 2 minutes and you're good to go. The stablizer has a terrible smell but it disappears and your left with just your original scent.

I actually prefer the vanilla neutralizer over the stablizer.

I don't do much melt and pour anymore but I thought the normal usage was 1/2 oz per lb? Anyway it doesn't matter all fragrances have different safe use rates, WSP lists them which is nice. If you normally use 1 oz FO then use 1 ounce of the stablizer/neutralizer and all should be fine:)

Latest posts

Back