~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Business Forum > Member's Websites > My new website!!!

Old 10-07-2017, 04:59 PM   #11
cmzaha
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4991 Times on 2902 Posts
Likes Given: 1305

I know you did not post this for critiquing your site, but me being me here goes. You need to check your spelling in the descriptions. Words such as sodium hydroxide have the m missing as does titaniu dioxide. Unless you use a lot of sodium lactate or low fragrance oil you have mixed up the ingredients order. I would lose the soap dimensions (up to you) and the weight spread. As a customer they will want the biggest bar and believe they will ask, also they really do not relate to the dimensions they just want to buy the soap. If you want to use a weight use your lowest and they will be really if they are one of few that will actually weight the soap when they receive. I as a customer would wonder why I am paying $5.00 up to $7.00 for soaps the same size. You are better pricing all one price for your soaps and adding an "on sale" if you have one that does not move well. Guest, Travel Size sounds better than small size. Not many will care in the least about High, middle, low notes they want a scent description most cannot relate.

You site does look nice and many of us know how many hrs it takes to type up and post. It is brutal. I am hoping to go through our site, clean up, list new soaps take down or archive our m&p etc. Lots of work..............

The bath bomb shots in the Halloween section are adorable. Hopefully you are going to do the same for Christmas!!

cmzaha
No kids in the soaping area
divinegoddessoaps17 Likes This 
Old 10-07-2017, 05:46 PM   #12
divinegoddessoaps17

Liked 196 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittish View Post
Those Halloween bath bombs are really cute! What'd you use for the cauldron handles?
Cauldrons came with the handles! We'll see how they sell next weekend. I have 2 venues. A Witch's Ball on Friday night, and then Saturday all day at the Maitland Women's Center. I will be pooped by Saturday night! Then the following Saturday - I have a Faerie Fair in Cassadega.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmzaha View Post
I know you did not post this for critiquing your site, but me being me here goes. You need to check your spelling in the descriptions. Words such as sodium hydroxide have the m missing as does titaniu dioxide. Unless you use a lot of sodium lactate or low fragrance oil you have mixed up the ingredients order. I would lose the soap dimensions (up to you) and the weight spread. As a customer they will want the biggest bar and believe they will ask, also they really do not relate to the dimensions they just want to buy the soap. If you want to use a weight use your lowest and they will be really if they are one of few that will actually weight the soap when they receive. I as a customer would wonder why I am paying $5.00 up to $7.00 for soaps the same size. You are better pricing all one price for your soaps and adding an "on sale" if you have one that does not move well. Guest, Travel Size sounds better than small size. Not many will care in the least about High, middle, low notes they want a scent description most cannot relate.

You site does look nice and many of us know how many hrs it takes to type up and post. It is brutal. I am hoping to go through our site, clean up, list new soaps take down or archive our m&p etc. Lots of work..............

The bath bomb shots in the Halloween section are adorable. Hopefully you are going to do the same for Christmas!!
Thank you so much for the great input. I have gone through my site and made the changes. Did use the term "guest size" and corrected my spelling errors. Thanks for taking the time to critique my site!!

Old 10-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #13
cmzaha
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4991 Times on 2902 Posts
Likes Given: 1305

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinegoddessoaps17 View Post
Thank you so much for the great input. I have gone through my site and made the changes. Did use the term "guest size" and corrected my spelling errors. Thanks for taking the time to critique my site!!
I am really glad I did not offend you. Online selling is brutal and to be truthful my daughters has some info on her site that I do not agree with and will try editing it next year. She no longer sells her products so we are just going to try to archive in case she starts up again. Unfortunately she is in poor health and it was to hard on her. I will say she made a living for her family for about 3 years from her site, but it was daily promoting and a lot of hard work.

Good Luck to you

cmzaha
No kids in the soaping area
divinegoddessoaps17 Likes This