How to I use these scents?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyjude

Reaction score
I bought a Brambleberry best of 1/2 oz. sampler set. I had planned to make one pound test batches with the scents, but now realize that .5 will probably not give me the strength that I'm looking for. Any suggestions for combining the scents listed below? TIA

Jude

•Oatmeal, Milk, Honey
•Vanilla Select
•Energy
•Sensuous Sandalwood
•Lavender
•Lilac •White Tea and Ginger
•Relaxing
•Plumeria
•Island Coconut
•Cybilla Almond
•Cybilla Yuzu

I have the same sampler pack. Most are about 0.7oz. I use them in 1 lb batches, it works great.

Thanks for letting me know that. I hadn't opened any of the bottles yet so that info is really helpful. :)

Jude

Yes, HPing would be good for that amount of F/O. Also- you can make 2-layered soaps with a different scent for each layer. Here are some suggestions for good combos:

Lavender with Lilac

Island Coconut with Almond (I recently made a soap with a Coconut scent and an Almod scent and it smells so good)

Vanilla Select with Sensuous Sandalwood.

Also- sometimes a scent can be strong enough to CP with only .5 oz ppo. Are any of those really strong?

HTH!
IrishLass :)

Forgot to say that I do CP. These are the ones that I have used:

•Oatmeal, Milk, Honey (Love)

•Vanilla Select (I think they might have sent me a different vanilla, I'll have to look, but it was VERY sweet, too sweet for me.)

•Energy (Smells a lot like Yuzu)

•Sensuous Sandalwood (I don't care for sandalwood)

•Lavender (LOVE)

•White Tea and Ginger (Used this for MP)

•Island Coconut (Didn't care for)

•Cybilla Yuzu (Love, just used this in the shower for the first time tonight.)

I just got the same sample pack today!! Thanks for the tips on mixing the FO. I usually do 20oz of oil for my soaps so there should be enough experiment. I also bought 1oz of Bluebonnet and 1oz of Fresh Snow. My free FO was Coconut and Lemongrass.

Pauline

Thanks everyone for alll the suggestions. I will definately try to combine and or layer some of the scents. My select shades should be arriving today so I'm feeling the urge to experiment! :)

Jude

Delurking to say "hi" and to suggest that you try the 1/2 ounce sample in your 1 pound batch first. I have the same sampler pack along with the Spring sampler pack and I'm finding that most of the 1/2 ounce samples I've tried in CP have been strong enough to use at .5 PPO (except citrus). And I don't like weak scented soap! I did the Jasmine Dreams at just less than .5 and it was too strong.

So, since these are samples, why not sample some alone first just to see how strong they seem to you. I know I was surprised.

zeo

zeoplum said:
Delurking to say "hi" and to suggest that you try the 1/2 ounce sample in your 1 pound batch first. I have the same sampler pack along with the Spring sampler pack and I'm finding that most of the 1/2 ounce samples I've tried in CP have been strong enough to use at .5 PPO (except citrus). And I don't like weak scented soap! I did the Jasmine Dreams at just less than .5 and it was too strong.

So, since these are samples, why not sample some alone first just to see how strong they seem to you. I know I was surprised.

zeo

Welcome zeo.

I agree with you. BB FO packs a wallop....I betcha you would be just fine with that amount.

i almond/ coconut all the time, it my favorite. Watch brambleberrys almond is very strong, have fun!

Thanks for 'delurking" zeoplum and for your input as well Mike and Honor. I am still very patiently waiting for the ups guy to deliver my select shades and if he doesn't arrive soon I may have to wait until tomorrow to start soaping. :(

Jude

Latest posts

Back