Camping Soaper

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We're camping this weekend, so I thought I would share my plan for taking homemade soap with me. How can I go without it?!? I'm sure some of you have come up with better ideas, but here's mine: I shaved thin pieces off a bar and put them in a tin for single-use soaps. We will have access to a bathroom, but experience tells me not to expect any soap. IMG_20170921_132406.jpg

Excellent idea!

Now my mind is wondering.... You could also drill a hole in a couple of bars and put a rope/string through it (soap on a rope) that way you could hang it up when in use so it doesn't have to be set down on anything nasty... and when your done it can simply hang there and dry out.

Most camp sites I go to the restrooms are little more than outhouses, with nothing more than a hole in the ground, with something to sit on. No sink or anything like that to wash hands, but IMO it's better than cleaning out the RV's toilet so we don't use it at all other than to wash up, and I just keep a small bar of mine in there.

Now if I were tent camping or something, then yeah, this is a brilliant idea!! (I just don't tent camp - I'm somewhere in between camper camping and glamping, LOL)

Back