Help! Need Nag Champa!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Every year at Christmas, I make about 9 pound so of Nag Champa scented soap as special orders. I always use Bramble Berry's FO because that's always worked perfectly, but they changed the formulation last year. I made a loaf and already, my sister has turned up her nose at it. (NC is her favorite.) Its perfumy and powdery. Its not going to work. :(

Anyone know of a good source for a true, well-behaved Nag Champa FO?

Nag Champa, I have not tried it. What is it supposed to smell like?

I bought a sample of dragon blood, because everyone talks about it, and it just smells like incidence. Not my favorite ....

Nag Champa, I have not tried it. What is it supposed to smell like?

Nag Champa reminded me of that typical incense scent that you smell in some stores.

It reminds me of my childhood days inside a Catholic church (they burn incense). To quote a friend (who is still a devout Catholic), it's the smell of guilt!

No offense to anyone; just trying to help answer the question with a little humor.

Nag Champa

I live in the land of Nag Champa incense burning - Woodstock NY, so the closest I've found is from New Directions Aromatics. I also purchased one from Bulk Apothecary and again from Lebermuth (Lebermuth supplies BA). So my go to is NDA. I intend to purchase again so I cannot tell you if its any different.

I live in the land of Nag Champa incense burning - Woodstock NY, so the closest I've found is from New Directions Aromatics. I also purchased one from Bulk Apothecary and again from Lebermuth (Lebermuth supplies BA). So my go to is NDA. I intend to purchase again so I cannot tell you if its any different.

Does it hold true in Cold Process? I might try them.

Nag Champa is one of my favorite fragrances, and I've tried quite a few different suppliers. For me, WSP's is definitely the best. :thumbup:

Peak's Nag Champa is my favorite. To me it smells exactly like the 'head shops' back in the '80's! And I love that it discolors to a purple-ish mauve :)
I have WSP's NC but haven't soaped with it yet, since I still like Peak's version better.
Dragon's Blood is similar, but more sweet and less dry to my nose.
The incense in Catholic churches is usually frankincense and myrrh, but I get why NC would remind someone of this although to me (I'm Catholic) the scent is quite different. F&M is more dry and musty to my nose.
"The Smell of Guilt" - oh my....that's hilarious! I may steal this as a soap name :) I was thinking of making a F&M scented soap and hadn't decided on a name.

Chiming in to add the umpteenth vote for WSP's NC. I'm lucky in that a shop near me carries WSP fos and I don't have to order directly from them, but some scents are worth it, and I think the NC is one of them.

Just curious, why don't people like WSP? That's the main place I get my fragrances from. Prices are reasonable, shipping is fast and free over $40, and using their sort system and reviews is awesome when it comes to finding scents that perform well. I've never had a problem with them.

Just curious, why don't people like WSP?

I don't like them for CP. The first time I ordered lye was from them and it was definitely an older bottle, the flakes were grayish. It worked fine but you could tell the quality.

I feel WSP is aimed more towards whose who want a quick production product for a business rather than a from scratch product. I get my m&p base from WSP and have a lotion sampler from them but I'm not super confident they fully test their products in CP.

My problem with WSP is from having orders modified and not getting any reply from them when I asked about it.
Getting several small bottles of an FO instead of a large on is a storage problem for me.
Not getting something I ordered is a problem for me.

Just not happy with my experience with them over time.

My problem with WSP is from having orders modified and not getting any reply from them when I asked about it.
Getting several small bottles of an FO instead of a large on is a storage problem for me.
Not getting something I ordered is a problem for me.

Just not happy with my experience with them over time.

Ah, interesting! I've been using them since 2014 with absolutely no issues. Orders are always perfect and received promptly. I guess I've been lucky!

Back