Bath Salts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAJenny

Reaction score
Hey,

I've been making some bath salts with epsom salt and baking soda, FO, and color. After they sit for awhile they either get hard as a rock or all watery. Is there something I can do to prevent this or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

maybe it is the humidity here? i haven't had that problem yet but i keep mine in airtight containers when i make them.

Research Dendritic Salt. It helps absorb fragrance, cut back on clumping and more. You add it too your regular bath salt recipe. I had some salts that just would not soak up fragrance, I added Dendritic Salt and it sucked up all the mi=oisture and made them dry.

I'm sure some of it has to do with the humidity. I've tried putting them in plastic jars, glass jars, ziplock bags, and cello bags. Nothing seems to be working. If they get too humid, they get all watery, otherwise they get hard as a rock and I have to bust them up before i use them. I'm at a loss... :(

Back