Filtering and Bottling Tips?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BayBoy

Reaction score
Hey there.

My product requires that I filter four quart-size ball jars with macerating organics into a single container. After it's blended, I then need to bottle it into about 30 4oz containers.

I've devised some ideas for doing this such as obtaining a 1-gallon glass jug and screwing this to it https://goo.gl/r1XhBH

Then maybe attaching this gizmo to the jug to dispense into bottles.

However, this seems like a pretty clumsy approach. It's just the best I've come up with. (I'm not even sure if that spout will fit the bottle.)

I just thought one of you brilliant and beautiful people might have a better idea. Kinda stuck :???:

Hey there.

My product requires that I filter four quart-size ball jars with macerating organics into a single container. After it's blended, I then need to bottle it into about 30 4oz containers.

I've devised some ideas for doing this such as obtaining a 1-gallon glass jug and screwing this to it https://goo.gl/r1XhBH

Then maybe attaching this gizmo to the jug to dispense into bottles.

However, this seems like a pretty clumsy approach. It's just the best I've come up with. (I'm not even sure if that spout will fit the bottle.)

I just thought one of you brilliant and beautiful people might have a better idea. Kinda stuck :???:

I got to ask, what are you making? Is this the breaking Bad forums? LOL

Do you have to filter all 4 at the same time? Or do you just have to filter each ball jar individually through the macerating organics into 1 large container?

If you can filter each ball jar individually through the macerating organics into 1 container, you could use this: http://www.homebrewing.org/AIH-8-Gallon-Bottling-Bucket-_p_5187.html

If you get a large piece of cheese cloth, you cal lay it over the opening and then secure it in place. Dont draw it drum tight, let it sag and create a nice deep low point. Put the macerating organics onto the cheese cloth, then slowly pour the contents of the ball jar onto the macerating organics and let nature and gravity take over.

Once everything is filtered, you can use the spigot at the bottom to bottle your product.

I used the cheese cloth filter on the bucket on certain beers I made to infuse fresh hops into just before bottling my home brew beer.

Haha well I'm making an aftershave. Though if I called the scent Crystal Meth, I'm sure it would sell...

I think I need to use a coffee filter. I don't think cheesecloth is fine enough. Though I might use a combination cheese cloth and filter so at the end I can squeeze out what's left in the organics through the cloth.

How fine is the material that you need to use? If you are filtering out components from your aftershave, cheesecloth wouldnt work, but if you need to infuse the macerated organics into your product before bottling, cheese cloth should work unless the material is ultrafine.

After six weeks it's a combination liquid and sludge. Need the paper filter to filter out ALL particles. I figured the cheesecloth layer on top would let me squeeze out the remainder at the end.

I think im good with filtering. Just not sure what the easiest way is to bottle 100 bottles at a time efficiently.

The bottling bucket works real nice. Are you using bottles for the aftershave?If you have bottles, then use the bottling bucket and fill with the filtered product. On the spigot you can attach a piece of clear plastic tubing and then attach the other end to this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E66A4U/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It is a spring loaded bottling wand. You insert it into the bottle all the way to the bottom and depress the plunger on the bottom off the wand and it will fill the bottles. When you get to your desired fill, just life the wand up a bit and the spring shuts the plunger off. You can get a bottling bucket, wand and tubing for around 20 dollars. If you were near me, I could hook you up with some extra gear I have. All these things can be sanitized, so you maintain good manufacturing process.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back