Not just for soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm just curious to know some of your non-soap, non-lotion uses for your fragrance oils. For example, when I find one I really like, I end up using it all over the place. Today I added it to my home made cleaning spray.

There are so many uses for fragrances:
Air freshener, carpet freshener, dryer sheets, bed spray (during the summer, I make a soothing spray to spray my sheets so the scent can help me sleep, as long as it's not an energizing scent), etc., etc.,
So so many ways to use fragrance. :)

I like to use them as air freshener, in my oil burner, laundry soap, toilet and bathroom cleaner

I'm having lots of fun rediscovering perfume with essential oils. It's been decades since I was able to wear regular commercially produced perfume. I'm also starting to experiment with using them as air fresheners, especially orange. Love that scent.

I make my own poopuri knockoff but don't otherwise tend to use scents outside of soap or bath and body products

A nice side-effect of making soap is that now I end up with empty bottles of fragrance or a bit of a spill on a paper towel. When that happens I put the scented paper towel into the trash can in the trash can in my small bathroom to create a nice fragrance for several days. For empty FO bottles, I leave the cap off and the bottle open to the air in a room where I would like to be reminded of that fragrance.

A nice side-effect of making soap is that now I end up with empty bottles of fragrance or a bit of a spill on a paper towel. When that happens I put the scented paper towel into the trash can in the trash can in my small bathroom to create a nice fragrance for several days. For empty FO bottles, I leave the cap off and the bottle open to the air in a room where I would like to be reminded of that fragrance.

Those are great ideas! It seems like I collect a ton of those little bottles. I hate to throw them out, but have yet to come up with a use for them.

Back