Soap gone wrong! Help me diagnose, please?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! At first I was calling it "the ugly soap" but so many people have said it's their favorite, it's kinda funny!! And my new soap stamp came in just in time too, that really made it cute. I think my DeerBunny stamp is the best purchase I've made in 2017!

DeerBunny, your re-batched soap looks pretty good and so does your deer-bunny stamp.

Yes, lye pockets are no laughing matter! I had them once really bad with frozen something (milk or aloe or whatever it was, I don't remember at the moment). Totally problematic. No way to solve it except rebatch, in my opinion. Better safe than sorry.

Kimberly (at Essential Soaps) can be fun to watch, but as I recall she only does hot process soap, or at least that's all I ever saw her do in the videos I watched when I was new. So adding the SF oil in her case is more likely to be more widely accepted as beneficial. But even so, to get HP soap fully saponified before adding the SF oil, you still don't end up with a batter that is as free flowing and easily pourable for doing multiple colors and intricate swirls like you can do with the CP method.

Thank you!

I tend to get sucked into the rabbit hole of soaping YouTubers while I'm breastfeeding; it's hard to find kid friendly stuff on TV that isn't specifically a kid show so, soap TV it is!! Usually I'm interrupted half a million times so I grab inspiration and information bit by bit, it's totally possible she said to only do that in HP and I just missed it.

Back