Cleansing Balm butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sephera

Reaction score
Hi All

Does anyone have a good recipe for a home made cleansing balm or butter that is a hack of what they are selling at the stores like. Eve Lom Cleanser. One jar is $150. The commercial ones seem to emulsify when in contact with water what can you add to make this happen at home with ingredients you can buy at New directions or something. Its possible they add some surfactants.

I have a sample of Shu Uemera and the oil emulsifies with water, so there must be a soap or surfactants there.

Wowza, that Eve Lom cleanser is pricey for emulsified mineral oil. The Shu Uemera also looks like a mineral oil base with PS85 and other goodies added. I would certainly try making it myself before paying that much.

Yes I know. Apparently you can just add Polysorbate 80. I might go and get some.

I obtained a sample of Eve Lom Cleanser. It really is very nice. As it has the emulsifier the oil and the balm washes off with water leaving the skin nice and smoother £and clean. There is a touch of clove and eucalyptus oil. Now I need to try and replicate it.

Latest posts

Back