Interpret a theme - Xmas 2014

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'll start. This is scented with Sugared Spruce from WSP. The blue is colored with UM Blue, and the 'snowfall' is actually crumbled-up salt soap that I tossed in. I wish now that I had added more TD to the bottom to make it more white (or used some vanilla stabilizer), but it is what it is. The pine trees were made with a rubber stamp and painted in with powdered mica (shamrock green mica and bronze mica). The soap in front was made from the left-over batter which I poured into a 3-D mold, which did not gel as you can see from the color discrepancy:

IrishLass :)

Your trees are so pretty! I wouldn't be able to stop picking them up and smiling!

Gorgeous soaps, IrishLass!

There's no way I can follow that show, but here's what I've been working on for X-mas. This one is Kringleberry scent from Nature's Garden (love the scent). It's hard to see in the photos, but I used sparkly micas.

20141016_085727.jpg

None of these have been beveled or cleaned up yet, but I got pictures while it was sunny outside.

Soap xmas candy2.jpg
I can't decide whether to call this one Christmas Candy or Christmas Sweater. It looks like a sweater to me, but it smells like candy. I used BB's Sleigh Ride.

soap peppermint.jpg
Peppermint soap that I made for a friend's mother to give for holiday gifts. She wanted 40 bars!

My first hanger swirl. It is scented with Snow Witch from Mad Oils. I was going for a wispy look with Nordic blue and black witchy streaks. The color on the cut pics is a off. The bottom picture is a little closer to how it came out.

It was a little soft when I cut and hasn't been cleaned up yet... sorry about that.

photo13_zps641db0ce.jpg

photo_zpsfa49342b.jpg

Back