Experienced my first soap on a stick!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cirafly24

Reaction score
It took 6 years, but it finally happened. Two pulses with the stick blender, and I had soap concrete. Luckily, I wanted a rustic look to this soap, so I just let it gel in the pot, then glopped it into the mold. I might end up with air bubbles, but such is life!

The FO was Figgy Pudding from WSP. They don't carry this one anymore, and I wonder if this is why. I used multicolored mp embeds, as this was meant to be a fruit cake soap, but I suspect most of them melted. I'll find out tomorrow!

You sound so calm and collected! Lol, I'm pretty sure that I'd still be freaking out. Can't wait to see your pics!

I've only had it twice. The first time I freaked out and tossed it, the second time I knew better and let it gel. But I learned to not combine spicy and floral scents. (I was trying to use up little bits of many FOs.)

I've had exactly the same issue with Pumpkin Spice and, last night, Lick Me All Over accelerated seriously on me.

I do the same--slam it into the mold, let it gel, and hope for the best. Usually it works out, and in the case of the Pumpkin Spice, the rustic look works well.

Well, I definitely don't have a fruit cake soap. The embeds all melted and settled at the bottom. What do you think? It smells great. Maybe drizzle some white mp over the top like icing and call it upside down Christmas cake?

IMG_20171119_144319.jpg

IMG_20171119_144436.jpg

Just tell everybody it's Carnelian Marble and that was the look you intended. It's gorgeous as-is, and I like the fracture marks that make it look like a clouded natural stone.

They look good. Loved the idea of the drizzle, and the execution of that is even better. :)

I mix a ton of my scents, and I find with mixing, that I get acceleration almost always, so I've learned to just go with the flow of whatever the soap wants to do, let the soap do. Have had some seize on me, and yep, easiest thing is to just let it gel in the pot, then plop it in the mold.

Back