Feedback on a shaving soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detroitreds

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there's a section for this particular topic, but I've manage to formulate a decent shaving soap. It has a creamy, sustainable, easy to whip up lather. I also have glide and a great post-shave feel. However, I'm lacking in cushion. To attain cushion, would you focus getting the pre-saponified oils right, or rather add something after saponification?

I have to agree with TEG. I make shave soap and my husband, family and customers love it. Perhaps if you list your ingredients we can help troubleshoot if you can also be a bit more clear on what it's missing use wise.

I apologize. By force of habit, I clicked on post instead of cancelling. I meant to add more details. I'm on the road this week, but I'm pretty sure the ingredients are: Stearic Acid, Beef Tallow, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Shea Butter, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Lanolin and Glycerin (not in order of weight). Some of these are added at the gel phase (Glycerin, Lanolin and Jojoba I think).

Slick means that your razor glides easily on the face. Cushion means that there is a barrier between the blade and the face.

Latest posts

Back