BB FOs... feedback please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meeplesoap

Reaction score
SO far from BB I have loved:

Oatmeal Stout
Blueberry Delight (discolors, but smells amazing!)
Energy

So, here is my order for FOs, please advise if any of these have smelled awful or weird or accelerated like crazy. I do only cold process, no M&P (other than as family gifts.) 1/2 and 1/2 veg oil soaps and goat's milk, if it matters.

Tropical Punch
Lemon Verbena (Yankee type)
Ginger Lime
Fresh Mango
Cucumber Melon
Vanilla Select
Vanilla Bean
Vanilla Oak (limited ed)
Pineapple Cilantro
Lilac
Violet
Shave & A Haircut
Cucumber Oak
Bonsai
Cranberry Fig
Wasabi
Winter Grapefruit
White Tea & Ginger
Blue Man (limited ed)
Chipotle Caramel (limited ed)
Lavender & Herb
Lavender Chamomile

I personally do not like almost all the fragrances I have purchased from BB. I love the company though. Their customer service is great.

Here are my thoughts on the few I have tried on your list:

Bonsai is very nice and clean smelling. No A or D at all and it lasts forever. Perfect and easy to work with.

Ginger Lime smells bad to me. Too much lime and not a pleasant lime to me. Its sitting in a box of all the oils I'm getting rid of. Slight A, no D. I just got Fresh Ginger Lime from WSP and its much better OOB, but i have not soaped it yet. Daystar and The scent Works are supposed to have great Ginger Lime fragrances as well.

Cucumber Melon is nice, but fades in CP, nice in M&P. Easy to work with.

Vanilla select is ok. I still have not found the perfect vanilla. It's buttery and makes a good blender. No A, D to very dark brown.

I personally do not like almost all the fragrances I have purchased from BB. I love the company though. Their customer service is great.

Here are my thoughts on the few I have tried on your list:

Bonsai is very nice and clean smelling. No A or D at all and it lasts forever. Perfect and easy to work with.

Ginger Lime smells bad to me. Too much lime and not a pleasant lime to me. Its sitting in a box of all the oils I'm getting rid of. Slight A, no D. I just got Fresh Ginger Lime from WSP and its much better OOB, but i have not soaped it yet. Daystar and The scent Works are supposed to have great Ginger Lime fragrances as well.

Cucumber Melon is nice, but fades in CP, nice in M&P. Easy to work with.

Vanilla select is ok. I still have not found the perfect vanilla. It's buttery and makes a good blender. No A, D to very dark brown.

Have you tried the Ginger Lime in soap or only smelled it out of the bottle? I used some recently and really liked it. I found the lime to be quite mild in my batch. I love it and am looking forward to making another batch.

BB's Red Apple isn't on your list but I have used that one also. Smells like a Red Delicious apple. This one accelerates.

Be careful of the White Tea & Ginger. I've read (on the review board) that it accelerates like crazy and better to use in lotions, etc. I have a sample and love the scent but will save it for something else.
I like their Lilac and Engery which I've used with no problems. I have the vanilla select (its smells nice) but haven't used it yet.
Haven't used anything else on your list but by favorite is their yuzu. Nice to soap with and its holding well.

I found the cucumber melon faded quickly and made the soap smell awful after about 6 months. I ended up pitching it.

Cranberry Fig is not what you'd expect. It's not sweet like a fig nor tart like a cranberry. It almost smells spicy. People like it but I don't think it smells anything like its name. Easy to work with, no A or D. Lasts a long time

Wasabi is also easy to work with, no A or D. Has a clean fresh smell with a slight sharpness to it. Last a fair amount of time.

Fresh Mango is very very juicy smelling. Another easy one with no A or D. Lasts.

I have the Lav Chamomile sample but it smells like baby diapers (not used) to me- no interest, personally.

I used the violet and it smells nice and fresh but it really went on me. Very hot, separated but maybe it was my error.

WInter GRapefruit is an unusual smell. It lasts a good while in soap and my recollection is that it was not difficult to work with- no discoloration at any rate.

Lilac moved on me but smells nice. NO D.

If you like fruity smells, consider also Kumquat- very very fruity and lasts in soap, no A or D.

You might find info on some of the others here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CMTEtswL&hl=en&authkey=CMTEtswL#gid=6

I had never ordered from Peak before, so rather than go with BB for the majority of FOs, I split it up between WSP, BB, and Peak. I tried to get a wide mix of fruity, masculine, spicy, etc. That spreadsheet was super helpful, I plan to add my own notes soon. :)

WSP:
Seasons Greetings Fragrance Oil 801
Iced Grapefruit Cookies Fragrance Oil 773
Cashmere Glow Fragrance Oil 596
Forever Red Fragrance Oil 599

Peak:
Black Canyon Fragrance Oil 1 oz.
Cool Citrus Basil Fragrance Oil 4 oz.
Cranberry Apple Marmalade Fragrance Oil 4oz
Purely Peppermint Fragrance Oil 8 oz
Storm Watch Fragrance Oil 4 oz
Amish Harvest Fragrance Oil 4 oz
Red Clove Fragrance Oil 1 oz
Fresh Baked Pie Crust Fragrance Oil 1oz

BB:
Oatmeal Stout (LOVE this scent for an oaty smell) 8oz
Wasabi 4oz
Winter Grapefruit 4oz
Bonsai 4oz
Fresh Mango 4oz
Pineapple Cilantro 4oz

I recently tried the Lav & Herb from BB. It smelled nice but about a week later I can't really smell it. I used my normal percentage in CP. It soaped fine though.

Latest posts

Back