using fo's to scent lamp oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovedoxies

Reaction score
Ok, this may be a dumb question BUT...... can you use a couple of drops of EO or FO in lamp oil to burn in a tiki torch or hurricane lamp?

Would it throw a fragrance like a tart or candle, do nothing, or would it just blow up? LOL

I think you're better off using EO's as I've read that FO's don't necessarily smell the same when burning in a torch or in incense. Somehow I think wax stabilizes the fragrance since all it's really doing is being melted by the wick... 8)

off topic

ilovedoxies

Is this a Wiener dog on your picture?

I think most FOs for soap/lotion making should work in candles etc, depending on their flashpoint.

I would not test one with a low one :D (blow up)

Love the photo, I use to have a black/tan dachshund, looked exactly like that. You don't see too many around anymore, not here anyway.

Awwwwww... love him!!

Mine like to get in anything we lay around, blankets, laundry, coats, clothes basket, etc.

Both of mine are back sleepers, too!!

Here's a pic of Lucky right after I got my new kitchen island. I had it made to store my soaping supplies but it ended up being a dog bed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Our dog "organizes" blanchets from the couch! He loves soft beds and needs a cover, as soon as the roomtemperature is below 25° C. It takes quite a time to find all his blanchets suitable for him, untill he finally finds the most comfortable sleeping position.

The prince and the Pea!

What a sweet baby!! Yes, mine are obsessed with blankets, too. I bought an electric throw last fall and Lucky (the brown one) pretty much took it over. He was ALWAYS in it whether it was on or not.

Latest posts

Back