November 2017 - 1920's Theme Challenge

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an idea but I'm not sure I'll get it made in time. Gorgeous soaps thus far

Wow Cerelife! When I first looked at your entry, I saw a skull-like profile then as I stared a little more, I saw the top hat skeleton image. Not sure how you did it but your voodoo soap has some black magic!

I'm sorry I commented in the entry thread section.... I was/am just so blown away with the entries. Amazing!! I'm actually glad I don't have to choose.

I almost forgot about this. I made one bar, but I am unsure to post.

Post it! :wink:

I'm about to cut and post mine, though I'm sure it doesn't look all that great compared to what's already been entered.

ETA: GRRRRRR!!! Trying to upload pics of my entry and keep getting an error message. My pic is in the right format, it's not too big, I dunno what the problem is.

Last edited:
errr At first I thought it was pretty, but after seeing what is posted, not as much. :(

Is one MP bar, but I did work a lot on it. It was quite tricky to make.

Cerelife, how did you do that?

Wow Cerelife! When I first looked at your entry, I saw a skull-like profile then as I stared a little more, I saw the top hat skeleton image. Not sure how you did it but your voodoo soap has some black magic!

Once I decided on Voodoo as my entry, I ordered a custom rubber stamp of Baron Samedi. But it was extremely detailed! I just kept planing my soaps to get at least one of them smooth enough for a good transfer of the image in gold mica on the front of the bar :)

errr At first I thought it was pretty, but after seeing what is posted, not as much. :(

Is one MP bar, but I did work a lot on it. It was quite tricky to make.

Same. I took some inspiration from Kandinsky's Bauhaus period, which overlaps the twenties, particularly Several Circles, used less frenetic colors, and tried to capture the feeling with a freehand poured circular soap with not quite concentric rings in deeper hues.

It really didn't work out. It's OK as a guest soap, though, if you aren't particular.

This isn't cleaned up, but...no way would I enter this. It's crap.

Soap_11.23.2017_1.jpg

I think I'm going to do a second batch of the soap I made for the challenge, just with a slightly different look. If it turns out prettier than my entry I may switch them out, but I'm reasonably happy with my entry. I've already got family eyeing this soap though, and I've had to tell two people "No, you can't have any of this yet. It's not ready."

Same. I took some inspiration from Kandinsky's Bauhaus period, which overlaps the twenties, particularly Several Circles, used less frenetic colors, and tried to capture the feeling with a freehand poured circular soap with not quite concentric rings in deeper hues.

It really didn't work out. It's OK as a guest soap, though, if you aren't particular.

This isn't cleaned up, but...no way would I enter this. It's crap.

Cutting circular soap is really difficult. I see you've succeeded with a few but you've only shown the ones that didn't work.

We are so hard on ourselves. Soap making is science, art and craft all together and it's very difficult to get them to work all together. You've tried new trchniques and colours all at once. You've done really well. My first circular soap (no colour) had holes on the sides because it was too thick to pour.

At the very least your soap is different and it looks like it's nice soap. One man's "blah" is another's "wow that's gorgeous"!

I really like the first full soap on the left.

Back