CP Shave soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
Hi All,
Forgive me if this has been answered. I am planning to make a CP shave soap recipe. Can I pour this directly into those 4 oz glass mason jars? The wide mouth kind is what I was hoping to use. Please advise. Thank you!

I don’t see why not. Though I’ve not put it in glass but in plastic low profile wide mouth jars with no issue. The jars are made for canning and should be able to handle the heat.

I'm betting you used those cute limited-edition canning jars -- the 1 cup kind that are wide and squat? They're the perfect shape for shave soap, but I think Craig's right to caution us about the glass thing. Bummer!!!

I used a wide, low glass jar once - never dropped it, but did crack it because I lathered a little too furiously. With mason jars I think that cracking would be less of a worry, and if it's only 4 then I think the chances are low. But it's not something that I use these days, just in case.

FYI, 1lb cottage cheese (sour cream, yogurt etc) containers are perfect for shaving soap. They hold enough to make it past the second apocalypse from now and are wide enough to easily load the brush.

Not the most glamorous solution, but highly functional.

Latest posts

Back