~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Lye-Based Soap Forum > I botched on the September Cahllenge

Old 09-13-2017, 02:12 PM   #11
dibbles
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2329 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 2739

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionprincess00 View Post
Hey! I'm doing October. I haven't made soap in months, unfortunately. I got sick late May and it took 3 months to recover. Then I slipped a disc last Friday and it is still bothering me. Truth be known, I have racked my brain on ideas and am having trouble choosing one. Dibbles threw some ideas at me on top of the ones I was considering, but I can't make up my mind. Im going to film today one soap, and if it doesn't seem right or work out, I will do another 2 or 3 before October 1st. I'd love to give a heads up, but I am still undecided
Feel better LP.

lionprincess00 Likes This 
Old 09-13-2017, 02:22 PM   #12
lionprincess00
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1108 Times on 571 Posts
Likes Given: 900

Thanks dibbles!
The back is no biggie. I've slipped discs at least once a yr for almost 20 yrs. I'm used to it. It was having to get back on prednisone for 3 months that irked me. I have rheumatoid arthritis that, praise high heaven, is in remission. Then I got temporal arteritis back late May and was back on pred for 3 months. Errr, I HATE being on it! Anywho, I'm fine now. As long as the RA stays away, I'm smooth sailin'!

dibbles Likes This 
Old 09-13-2017, 06:33 PM   #13
cherrycoke216

Liked 429 Times on 242 Posts

Quote:
Thanks dibbles!

The back is no biggie. I've slipped discs at least once a yr for almost 20 yrs. I'm used to it. It was having to get back on prednisone for 3 months that irked me. I have rheumatoid arthritis that, praise high heaven, is in remission. Then I got temporal arteritis back late May and was back on pred for 3 months. Errr, I HATE being on it! Anywho, I'm fine now. As long as the RA stays away, I'm smooth sailin'!

Ouch! Hope it won't comeback!

Old 09-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #14
lionprincess00
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke216 View Post
Ouch! Hope it won't comeback!
You and me both lol!

Old 09-13-2017, 10:08 PM   #15
SunRiseArts
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 897 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 950

Quote:
Hey! I'm doing October. I haven't made soap in months, unfortunately. I got sick late May and it took 3 months to recover. Then I slipped a disc last Friday and it is still bothering me. Truth be known, I have racked my brain on ideas and am having trouble choosing one. Dibbles threw some ideas at me on top of the ones I was considering, but I can't make up my mind. Im going to film today one soap, and if it doesn't seem right or work out, I will do another 2 or 3 before October 1st. I'd love to give a heads up, but I am still undecided

oh No! I hope you get too feeling better. Back pain is awful!!!

If newbie was going to do September, and you were going to do October. Mabye newbie can do October, and you November. That way you have time to recuperate, and more time to come up with ideas.

Just a suggestion!

Old 09-14-2017, 10:02 AM   #16
lionprincess00
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRiseArts View Post
oh No! I hope you get too feeling better. Back pain is awful!!!

If newbie was going to do September, and you were going to do October. Mabye newbie can do October, and you November. That way you have time to recuperate, and more time to come up with ideas.

Just a suggestion!
Thx, I think it finally worked back in. It slipped last Friday and it always is about a week to go back. Sure enough yesterday was back appx 80%, and so far (fingers crossed), I feel pretty darn good this morning. I filmed an intro yesterday and am ready for a couple soaps for the challenge. I'm good to go
Thx everyone!
People Like This 
Old 09-15-2017, 05:21 AM   #17
CaraBou
Lifetime Supporting Member
SOAP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2479 Times on 1149 Posts
Likes Given: 1842

LP ~ Sorry for your troubles but nice to see you back! I hope soaping helps your health in some small way.

No pressure to kick something out early, it was just an ask in case it could work. I get how short the days really are.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #18
lionprincess00
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraBou View Post
LP ~ Sorry for your troubles but nice to see you back! I hope soaping helps your health in some small way.

No pressure to kick something out early, it was just an ask in case it could work. I get how short the days really are.
OK. I'm not going to give it away, but a hint for October. Think simple, elegant, and use a delicate hand. I also trolled pinterest yesterday to give ample examples of this challenge. It should be easy enough for beginners and fun for vets of soaping (hopefully). My main problem was trying to set rules/boundaries. Hopefully the pin examples are adequate in that.