My quest for coconut:

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sun your buns smells just like back in the day Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil. That's my favorite coconut scent I think from Candle Science
They just had a 1 dollar sale on 1 Oz samples. I got 28 of them

I know this is an old thread but I was looking for Hawaiian tropic coconut from candle science and their coconut smell just like the fruit when you cut one open

Thank you, TVivian!!!!!!!!!!!!

I joined this forum JUST because of this thread! It is so VERY helpful!

I'm a coconut fanatic....have been using "Skin Trip" soap and lotion for forever.

But now I have 3 goats, 2 in milk. I should be making soap, right? Right.

I just made my second batch of goat milk soap tonight. I obviously have....well...EVERYthing to learn.

Heh heh....I can't even get the soap I poured into the lovely "doeling nursing on mama goat" molds from WSP that I made yesterday out of their molds.

So today...I experimented and sprayed Pam on one. I dunno....it might ruin it but I'd really like all that work out of the dang mold. I haven't even bought a stick blender yet so it was a lotta whisking.

Thank you again: you guys all rock but TVivien is my hero.

I'm a coconut fanatic....have been using "Skin Trip" soap and lotion for forever.

I just made my second batch of goat milk soap tonight. I obviously have....well...EVERYthing to learn.

Heh heh....I can't even get the soap I poured into the lovely "doeling nursing on mama goat" molds from WSP that I made yesterday out of their molds.

So today...I experimented and sprayed Pam on one. I dunno....it might ruin it but I'd really like all that work out of the dang mold. I haven't even bought a stick blender yet so it was a lotta whisking.

In my experience, Pam is not very helpful b/c it is oil and will saponify. I use a bit of mineral oil.

Did you try putting them in the freezer for a bit? Works every time for me.

In my experience, Pam is not very helpful b/c it is oil and will saponify. I use a bit of mineral oil.

Thank you! I must have really lucked out as even though it's not 24 hours, the one with Pam did pop out.

Do you apply the mineral oil with >a paint brush for the intricate molds? I bought a dragon mold but since I couldn't even get my big block ones out....been afraid to use it.

Did you try putting them in the freezer for a bit? Works every time for me.

I just threw them in now: Thank you!!! If that works I'd prefer it to mineral oil. :)

Have you tried it on filigree type molds?

Last edited by a moderator:
Individual molds do not usually generate enough heat on their own to gel. If your soap hasn't gelled, and is still zappy, don't try to get it out of the mold yet. It's too soft, and trying to unmold it too soon will probably end up denting it. Wait until it doesn't zap any more, and then try the freezer. I sometimes use the individual Milky Way plastic molds, and I don't grease them with anything, instead I use some sodium lactate, and they release cleanly, without any loss of detail, like below. If yours are Milky Way molds, and you put them in the freezer, be careful when unmolding, because they will be brittle and may crack if you are too forceful with them.

dragonfly.jpg

I Have tried Coconut cabbana but i get allergy after using it :cry:

Individual molds do not usually generate enough heat on their own to gel. If your soap hasn't gelled, and is still zappy, don't try to get it out of the mold yet. It's too soft, and trying to unmold it too soon will probably end up denting it. Wait until it doesn't zap any more, and then try the freezer. I sometimes use the individual Milky Way plastic molds, and I don't grease them with anything, instead I use some sodium lactate, and they release cleanly, without any loss of detail, like below. If yours are Milky Way molds, and you put them in the freezer, be careful when unmolding, because they will be brittle and may crack if you are too forceful with them.

its seems like white chocolate :p

Coconut Frost

I really like coconut frost from Camden Grey. Smells like you broke open a coconut!

Thank you all for the advice. Im using milky way molds...so fae the freezer alone has been enough to unmold them...i do have a lot of oil in the recipes. That is a beautiful mold you have!!!!!!

View attachment 12698

I've tried a few and not one has been just right, then while in Hawaii this month I found a lotion with an exquisite coconut fragrance.....

The Caribbean Coconut from Crafter's Choice... SOOO GOOD!

First, lucky you for Hawaii. I've been using CC Caribbean Coconut for awhile and like it a lot. The fragrance seems to stick well. I'm always curious about a new one when it's mentioned because 'what if it's even better '.

Back