Pumpkin Seed Oil # 1

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all!

Here is the pumpkin seed oil soap that I made last night. Alas the picture really doesn't do the green justice - it is a lovely rich deep green. Will keep on trying to get a good pic sorted, but for now, here is the best I have so far.

006-pumpkin-hp-1-lr.jpg

I love the rustic and natural look of the soap. The photo you took is a good one as well. We do have to become professional photographers as well in the soaping world, don't we :)
Cheers!
Anna Marie

I used to do weddings in the UK for some extra pocket money :)

I stirred a little too much of the dry stuff down in to it, which is what all the white bits are. Gives a nice contrast, though, and as you say, it adds to the rustic feel.

Wow thats a dreamy green!
I'm too lazy to go find your other thread - was it the pumpkin oil that made that lovely color?
Your picture is a very good reason why I need to stop taking soap pics with my iPhone... That pic is just perfect and simple.

I put 78g of the oil in with the mix, and then another 90grams after the cook - 15% of the recipe in total.

During the cook it was a really deep red-brown. REALLY DEEP! I was very worried that it would not come out as planned, but as I stirred in the rest of the Pumpkin Seed and it went green, I was most relieved

Hello all!

Here is the pumpkin seed oil soap that I made last night. Alas the picture really doesn't do the green justice - it is a lovely rich deep green. Will keep on trying to get a good pic sorted, but for now, here is the best I have so far.

006-pumpkin-hp-1-lr.jpg

Did you use HP or CP? Since you have used both methods, which one do you prefer?

I have to say, I prefer HP - the clean up is so much easier :D

But I do think that I'll be doing HP when I don't have to do CP - so if I'm swirling or making a soap better suited to CP, then I'll go that way. For everything else I think I'll HP it, especially with the SL in there.

I am bumping this because hubby found some pumpkin seed oil at Trader Joe's, and has bought several containers because he used to live in Austria and its hard to get here in the US and he is all excited about having a stash of pumpkin oil... Of course my interest in this new fatty acid is for other reasons - this thread in particular.

Hubby says I cant touch any of his precious pumpkin oil until I figure out EXACTLY how much I need (which I can figure out from this post, 10-15%, and he decides if hes willing to share) and I get a report back that the soap is still lovely and wonderful. Oh and does it still smell a bit nutty?

Help a fellow soaper out EG?

Last edited:
Back