Salt Free salt bar - EDIT w/ PICS including Mr. Grumpy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Earlier conversation gave info on salt bars and I decided to go ahead and make a batch. Well, didn't happen. As I started gathering things together the recipe just didn't suit me, even for a "hold my beer while I mix this up" batch.
Decided a pot of coffee might help and one thing led to another. I have a bag of really crappy coffee that I was going to return (yes, it was that bad) but decided to use it in some soap. One thing led to another and now it smells like a chocolate peppermint kiss. Threw some of the grounds in for good measure.
I'm out of molds for a couple of days, the fridge is full, so it looks like I might get some wood butchering time in.

I'm having fun. Here's a picture. Hope it turns out. BO, CO OO, LL*,Castor, a little sugar and a few grounds. Maybe a little more than a little but not a lot.

*Lovely Lard - 8)

IMG_0964.jpg

No matter - freezer, fridge, still trying to gel. Oils too warm to begin? I did read this morning in another thread that room temp was better for non gel. Will try that today.
I'm not unhappy with how it turned out. It is still a bit sticky but getting better. Time will heal. Now back to the drawing board which must be one of my favorite places. I keep going back to it. :?
IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0972-1.jpg

And of course, for all you kitty lovers, here is Mr. Grumpy after her morning nap which precedes her pre lunch nap.
IMG_0966-1.jpg

I'm biting my tongue trying to remain civil and not make some smart xxxxx comment concerning the brain function or lack thereof. :lol:

Yep, BO is babassu oil. I unmolded it today and cut it. Sticky, and even though it began life in the freezer and fridge, it still has partially gelled center, although not as large as my first castile.

Pics to follow. The living room smells like a great big hunk of peppermint chocolate. :D

Bumpalump - Nick name given to coworker for the rolls on the back of his neck that resembled speed bumps. :lol: He had a good sense of humor. All of that to tell you that I put the new pics on the original post. Did you expect just "bump"? Didn't think so. 8)

Oooh...Mr Grumpy is adorable! He doesn't look grumpy at all. You need to change his name to Mr. Cutey. :D

BTW, I used to have a gray tiger that was nicknamed "Grumpybutt".

Hazel said:
Oooh...Mr Grumpy is adorable! He doesn't look grumpy at all. You need to change his name to Mr. Cutey. :D

BTW, I used to have a gray tiger that was nicknamed "Grumpybutt".

Grumpybutt! Love it.

Believe me, Mr Grumpy is well named. She used to be Pinky but I changed here name. She growls when you hold her, really loud with ears laid back and leaps away as soon as she can. Never bites or scratches though. Her sister is named Fatback. She used to be named Red but I changed it to one more appropriate. :lol:

Back