Chocolate in Melt and Pour?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnastasiaAlex

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm very new to soap making, and have so far only made one batch before:

https://willowbyre.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/lemon-meringue-pie-soap/

Continuing along my theme of dessert-flavoured soaps, I'm hoping to make a black forest gateau soap next. I was going to try and combine black cherry flavour with chocolate.

My question is, can I use melted baking chocolate in melt and pour soap? I have tried to find a recipe but so far have only found a cold process recipe using actual chocolate. All the melt and pour recipes use chocolate fragrance oil.

If melted chocolate is a bad idea, would cocoa powder work?

Any advice would be great! I'm happy to try but would rather not have it turn out disastrously if it can be avoided!

AnastaisaAlex,
Yes, you can add cocoa powder to M&P but it can stain your white washcloths and too much creates brown suds.
I prefer adding 1 or 2 teaspoons of a good quality chocolate [70% cacao] per pound of melt & pour soap base. Like cocoa butter, it creates a richer lather.
Hope this helps & Happy Soaping!
Lisa

Chocolate is the most attractive flavors for ever and each an every persons love it. So, if you can make a soap with chocolate extract, then everyone love and like your soap. But you need help then you can visit our site.:)

Latest posts

Back