Do I or don't I?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WYDAB64/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
Certified natural! Organic soap with propylene glycol!

Should I be a prig and call them out, or not? I'm quite sleep deprived and not confident in my rationale. But such blatant false advertising!

Oh gosh, I don't know whether you should or not. Every Amazon product has a section for reviews, however. I also noted that it has never been reviewed and its ranking in the soap category is 31,000+ so one wonders how many folks have even seen this ad.

By the way, who issues the certification for "all natural?" Is that even a thing in the cosmetics/soap industry? If I were commenting, that is what I would ask--who did your certification? Can they back that up?

ETA: But I agree with shunt2011, battling misinformation/disinformation on Amazon can be an endless game of whack-a-mole....

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh heck!! It's melt and pour for gosh sake. And don't forget those Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils. I don't think we are ever going to win the battle of false information out there.

Yes - therapeutic grade - again!

I met a very dear man yesterday - such great heart and soul. He was telling me how he suffered a staph infection that cost him 5 spinal discs, an ankle, and other things and spent months on 7 antibiotics. He's lucky to be alive - and people would leave bottle of "therapeutic" essential oils on this doorstep!!

I guess that's why I'm really outraged at the gall of some people - like this
"certified natural" soap maker.

And Scooter - there is no such thing as certified natural. Even the FDA is struggling to come up with an official definition of the term natural.

Latest posts

Back