What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is a teenage nickname given to me by my mom and stepdad. As a teen, I was always getting in trouble for going to parties at one of my best
friends house (when her parents weren't home). I would tell my parents I was going to 1 friends house, but in reality we were all going to the party girls
house LOL. Stepdad called them the "debutante" parties....my name is deborah ....hence I became "the debratant" in our house LOLOLOL
The party girl's nickname became the party girl. Her name is Tracie haha. Fond memories!

My user name is based on the scripture; “The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.”
**Genesis‬ *2:15‬ *NIV‬‬. I believe in return the garden takes care of us.
I'm trying to be a good steward of my garden. I grow many natives, herbs and medical plants and I am using them for everything. Soap is my next endeavor.
I believe everything in the garden serves a valuable purpose. I've been making my own cosmetics, teas, salves, powders, tinctures; you name it and I've probably made it. Should go without saying but I'll say it anyway. I am organic and was the poster child for permaculture before I ever heard the word for the first time. I'm an old 70's hippie that has grown up ecological ideas.
I love this forum and soon will be making my first ever soap.

My user name is based on the scripture; “The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.”
**Genesis‬ *2:15‬ *NIV‬‬. I believe in return the garden takes care of us.
I'm trying to be a good steward of my garden. I grow many natives, herbs and medical plants and I am using them for everything. Soap is my next endeavor.
I believe everything in the garden serves a valuable purpose.

I love this forum and soon will be making my first ever soap.

b58a3985.jpg

How do I add an aviator? I'm on an iPhone.

If you are using the app, you can't do anything related to your profile or avatar from the app. You have to open up a browser and go to thr soap making forum website, where you can access all of that. It's hard to do on a tiny phone screen, so you should probably wait until you are on a computer. I love the app, and I really wish you could do these things from it.

DunbarDesigned...

I chose Dunbar Designed because I intended to go into soap making after I was overdosing on Katie of Royalty Soaps YouTube videos. It was perfect timing because I've also been quite depressed thinking about financial struggles and a lack of artist expression (I stopped acting :( ). I'm super adamant about have my space in this world so using my last name was a no brain-er. As for the "designed" part, I just wanted something simple to express the idea that I want to design my products with certain things in mind. I thought it was simple but powerful...then again, I think highly of myself, in the most non-conceited way of course. I was so excited when I picked the name and seeing it online when I post is even more motivation. It's unfortunate that I've had moments of discouragement already after only being on this forum for a few days. But DunbarDesigned is a constant reminder to stay true to myself, not to let anyone's discouraging tone take away from what I am capable of and that if I work really hard, DunbarDesigned will be exactly what I've envisioned, not only for myself but for those who get to experience this along with me.

I chose Dunbar Designed because I intended to go into soap making after I was overdosing on Katie of Royalty Soaps YouTube videos. It was perfect timing because I've also been quite depressed thinking about financial struggles and a lack of artist expression (I stopped acting :( ). I'm super adamant about have my space in this world so using my last name was a no brain-er. As for the "designed" part, I just wanted something simple to express the idea that I want to design my products with certain things in mind. I thought it was simple but powerful...then again, I think highly of myself, in the most non-conceited way of course. I was so excited when I picked the name and seeing it online when I post is even more motivation. It's unfortunate that I've had moments of discouragement already after only being on this forum for a few days. But DunbarDesigned is a constant reminder to stay true to myself, not to let anyone's discouraging tone take away from what I am capable of and that if I work really hard, DunbarDesigned will be exactly what I've envisioned, not only for myself but for those who get to experience this along with me.

Don't let people here discourage you. The whole hot button topic of selling is because we want to see the best soaps possible going out into the world. Take the time to learn the craft. Be certain, when you decide you're ready to sell, that your product is also ready.

I Choose Mawarliar, literally wild rose because I just love the flower too much..
I mean wild rose, not really a beautiful flower but having such a smell..
That's what I like about wild rose.. And thus My Username..

Meanwhile, my avatar will be my logo in my soap.. It is actually Dzam Syllable means wealth and prosperity..

Just wish me luck..
#FingerCrossed

I have always liked roller skating. I was a roller derby player for a couple of years and I have been a skating official for about four years. 46 is my roller derby number and the age when I started playing.

Welcome back Skatergirl! Nice to see you around again and learn your backstory. I'm a few years younger and can't imagine being on skates let alone rolling alongside those who do it for sport!

Welcome back Skatergirl! Nice to see you around again and learn your backstory. I'm a few years younger and can't imagine being on skates let alone rolling alongside those who do it for sport!

Thanks! I actually had to stop making soap for a while because we had so much around here. I have started up again. I have a few new formulas that I am curing now and looking forward to trying.

Mine is simple. My name and where I live.

I came up with it in the early AOL days, when I never would have dreamed of having to type @domain.com after a user name and certainly not on a playing-card sized gadget.

My kids, who have been drilled in school with the internet secrecy mantra think I might as well make my user name "Randy Cox Clemson Here's My SSN and the Key is Under the Door Matt."

My avatar is one of my chickens, but this particular chicken has since disappeared. I spotted a bobcat in my yard the other day, so, mystery solved.

My username is a combination if my favorite word- surreptitious, combined with a former nickname of mine- Trixie.

My avatar is my business logo. I know, self serving. But, hey, it is what it is.

My user name is my first name. I was born in Germany on a military base. My father was stationed there with the United States Air Force. My parents named me after a German bar maid in a gasthaus they frequented. Ironic, really, as I grew up to drink too much alcohol, and then to drink none for the past many years! Bill W. is my close friend. :)

I got my name from my first grandbaby and one of my fave bands (Jack's Mannequin). Of course I misspelled my username and didn't notice until I signed back in! LOL

Latest posts

Back