I botched on the September Cahllenge

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry sorry sorry. I was in line to do the September challenge but for some reason I thought I was October. Since it's so late in the month, we will skip the challenge and let everyone rest from furious soap-making, and we will return to our regularly scheduled programming in October.

I do apologize.

No problem at all, newbie. I was just hoping that everyone was alright what with all the hurricanes and fires going on in the world. Thank you for taking on October's challenge. I'm so looking forward to whatever it will be. I sorta miss having something to obsess about, but I did get some Christmas soaps made! Yay for a new season of soaps!

Given this month and all the things that's been going on, a month off the challenge would not be a bad idea. I'm worried about how my family in FL are doing.

Any chance we could we have a head start on the challenge? It would be kinda nice to have a little extra time, even if just for thinking things through. The rest of my September is shot for soapmaking, but my brain is always going!

Glad that you are fine. ;) it's nice to have a break, and I too like CaraBou's idea.

Last edited:
Any chance we could we have a head start on the challenge? It would be kinda nice to have a little extra time, even if just for thinking things through. The rest of my September is shot for soapmaking, but my brain is always going!

Hey! I'm doing October. I haven't made soap in months, unfortunately. I got sick late May and it took 3 months to recover. Then I slipped a disc last Friday and it is still bothering me. Truth be known, I have racked my brain on ideas and am having trouble choosing one. Dibbles threw some ideas at me on top of the ones I was considering, but I can't make up my mind. Im going to film today one soap, and if it doesn't seem right or work out, I will do another 2 or 3 before October 1st. I'd love to give a heads up, but I am still undecided :headbanging:

Hey! I'm doing October. I haven't made soap in months, unfortunately. I got sick late May and it took 3 months to recover. Then I slipped a disc last Friday and it is still bothering me. Truth be known, I have racked my brain on ideas and am having trouble choosing one. Dibbles threw some ideas at me on top of the ones I was considering, but I can't make up my mind. Im going to film today one soap, and if it doesn't seem right or work out, I will do another 2 or 3 before October 1st. I'd love to give a heads up, but I am still undecided :headbanging:

Feel better LP.

Thanks dibbles!
The back is no biggie. I've slipped discs at least once a yr for almost 20 yrs. I'm used to it. It was having to get back on prednisone for 3 months that irked me. I have rheumatoid arthritis that, praise high heaven, is in remission. Then I got temporal arteritis back late May and was back on pred for 3 months. Errr, I HATE being on it! Anywho, I'm fine now. As long as the RA stays away, I'm smooth sailin'!

Thanks dibbles!

The back is no biggie. I've slipped discs at least once a yr for almost 20 yrs. I'm used to it. It was having to get back on prednisone for 3 months that irked me. I have rheumatoid arthritis that, praise high heaven, is in remission. Then I got temporal arteritis back late May and was back on pred for 3 months. Errr, I HATE being on it! Anywho, I'm fine now. As long as the RA stays away, I'm smooth sailin'!

Ouch! Hope it won't comeback!

oh No! I hope you get too feeling better. Back pain is awful!!!

If newbie was going to do September, and you were going to do October. Mabye newbie can do October, and you November. That way you have time to recuperate, and more time to come up with ideas. :)

Just a suggestion!

oh No! I hope you get too feeling better. Back pain is awful!!!

If newbie was going to do September, and you were going to do October. Mabye newbie can do October, and you November. That way you have time to recuperate, and more time to come up with ideas. :)

Just a suggestion!

Thx, I think it finally worked back in. It slipped last Friday and it always is about a week to go back. Sure enough yesterday was back appx 80%, and so far (fingers crossed), I feel pretty darn good this morning. I filmed an intro yesterday and am ready for a couple soaps for the challenge. I'm good to go:)
Thx everyone!

LP ~ Sorry for your troubles but nice to see you back! I hope soaping helps your health in some small way.

No pressure to kick something out early, it was just an ask in case it could work. I get how short the days really are.

LP ~ Sorry for your troubles but nice to see you back! I hope soaping helps your health in some small way.

No pressure to kick something out early, it was just an ask in case it could work. I get how short the days really are.

OK. I'm not going to give it away, but a hint for October. Think simple, elegant, and use a delicate hand. I also trolled pinterest yesterday to give ample examples of this challenge. It should be easy enough for beginners and fun for vets of soaping (hopefully). My main problem was trying to set rules/boundaries. Hopefully the pin examples are adequate in that.

Latest posts

Back