Ugly soap contest!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my super-fast trace soaps that I had to mush into the mold like play-doh. I'm glad I managed to work a bit of activated charcoal into it, I think they look kinda neat. These are the nicest looking ones. IMG_20180110_175424_mh1515624957583.jpg

I made these to give to my co-workers for Christmas. I wasn't wild about my mica drizzle on the bigger bars or the fact that my MP snowmen melted a bit. The scent was called Tis the season & it smelled like cinnamon & pine trees until the scent morphed! I didn't give them away because they now smell like a freshly opened canister of Play-Doh! I'd like to rebatch them but I don't know how to mask that scent!

Last edited:
I made these to give to my co-workers for Christmas. I wasn't wild about my mica drizzle on the bigger bars or the fact that my MP snowmen melted a bit. The scent was called Tis the season & it smelled like cinnamon & pine trees until the scent morphed! I didn't give them away because they now smell like a freshly opened canister of Play-Doh! I'd like to rebatch them but I don't know how to mask that scent!
[I couldn't add my pic for some reason. ATTACH]27099[/ATTACH]

1515631900506.jpg

Hmmm... play dough? Maybe the scent would cook off a bit, patchouli play dough? :-?

Here is my super-fast trace soaps that I had to mush into the mold like play-doh. I'm glad I managed to work a bit of activated charcoal into it, I think they look kinda neat. These are the nicest looking ones.

Try again, toxikon. Those aren’t ugly at all, unless the texture is bad and I can’t see it in the photo.

You could try to confetti them. The scent doesn’t seem to carry over for me.

An attempt to make some confetti soap gone terribly wrong in the top photo. I grossly miscalculated the amount of confetti, it just went so wrong LOL, and as if that wasn't bad enough, the bottom photo is the rebatch, I really wanted to forget it ever happened, and then I saw this thread :)

I kind of like the way the original confetti soap looked. Would it not stay together because of too much confetti? That'd be the only reason I'd have rebatched that.

Ah, raw meat/meatloaf rebatch. Yep.

An attempt to make some confetti soap gone terribly wrong in the top photo. I grossly miscalculated the amount of confetti, it just went so wrong LOL, and as if that wasn't bad enough, the bottom photo is the rebatch, I really wanted to forget it ever happened, and then I saw this thread :)[/QUOTE

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! I laughed so hard tears were rolling down my eyes!! That 2nd pix is a winner! You just made my weekend! I needed a good laugh, it was a rough week. Thank you for this.

Last edited:
The short one is what happens when a newb mixes 5 lbs of oils for a 5 lbs soap mold!! DUH!! I had to figure out what to do with the left over!! I stuck it in a glass bowl! UGLY!! I have about 6 of these! I'm holding onto them until I learn something about embeds.
That's my one and only CP, BTW! I'm still suspicious that I used too much colorant...

IMG_3049.jpg

I kind of like the way the original confetti soap looked. Would it not stay together because of too much confetti? That'd be the only reason I'd have rebatched that.

Ah, raw meat/meatloaf rebatch. Yep.

Kittish, that's right, it wouldn't stick together, just sort of fell apart when I touched it.

An attempt to make some confetti soap gone terribly wrong in the top photo. I grossly miscalculated the amount of confetti, it just went so wrong LOL, and as if that wasn't bad enough, the bottom photo is the rebatch, I really wanted to forget it ever happened, and then I saw this thread :)[/QUOTE

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! I laughed so hard tears were rolling down my eyes!! That 2nd pix is a winner! You just made my weekend! I needed a good laugh, it was a rough week. Thank you for this.

And you are so very welcome :) DH got quite a kick out of the second pic as well

I proudly submit the ugliest meatloaf soap... Mine even has sickly yellowy/white/translucent stripes and chunks - looking almost exactly like fat ribbons. Oh yeah, I think I'm the winner here since all of your posted soaps are gorgeous compared to this ugly duckling...

I submit for your careful consideration this crazy gross soap. I've posted it here before, but some of y'all might have missed this masterpiece.

IMG_0105_zps956d96d1.jpg

IMG_0104_zps0ec2ddcd.jpg

I proudly submit the ugliest meatloaf soap... Mine even has sickly yellowy/white/translucent stripes and chunks - looking almost exactly like fat ribbons. Oh yeah, I think I'm the winner here since all of your posted soaps are gorgeous compared to this ugly duckling...

I submit for your careful consideration this crazy gross soap. I've posted it here before, but some of y'all might have missed this masterpiece.

Lol, I honestly don't think that it's a winner, sorry!! It, IMO, isn't as bad as you think! Funny about the fat ribbons!

I'm somewhat encouraged! I cut down my ugly, color bleeding, lumpy mess, now that it was dry enough to do so. Not AS bad. It's ALMOST what I was going for. Note to self, NEVER freeze a rebatch!

The top became the bottom.

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

Back