Share your best fragrance combination

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isha

Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm disappointed with my soaps... Or few batches.. The eo seems to fade while curing and not selling..
Kindly share the best fragrance combination n ratios that work
Kindly help..

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Read back 10 pages on beginner section and lye section. There are hundreds of recipes. What works for me and my skin most probably won’t work for yours. Also not knowing where you live means the locally available oils at reasonable prices means only you can work out a sensible recipe for your area.

There are no short cuts with soap making unfortunately.

I'm in India... People have been asking me of fairness soaps n antibacterial once..
I've good access to sunflower. Coconut. Palm n olive oil..
I'm lacking in getting the fragrance right..
So far I've made..
Rose n rice with Rose eo
Lavender eo
Papaya n kaolin clay yin yan
Activated charcoal
Neem antibacterial soap
Lemongrass soap..
Coffee n kaolin clay
Marigold, turmeric n rose..
Mostly I use 30% lye at 7% superfat
With blends of coconut 30% Palm 30% n olive 40%
Essential oils are quite expensive so I just bought lavender, rose n lemongrass n tea tree.. Which I'm using in various concentrations in the above soaps

Hi all.
I'm disappointed with my soaps... Or few batches.. The eo seems to fade while curing and not selling..
Kindly share ur best selling recipe. I would like to sell.
I've taken a break from soaping n spending some time of learning but wudnt want to invest money for things that don't work.
Kindly help..

Hello and welcome! Please read the rules to the forum. it will help explain some of the responses you are receiving.

Coming to a forum as a new person, asking experience soapmakers who do this for a living or to help supplement their income for their recipes that took them months or longer to create so you can sell is a big no no.

Folks here are glad to help. If you post the recipes you've tried and are not happy with, members will be happy to help you troubleshoot to make it better.

Got it thanks
This is suppose to be a support form. If u remember...
Hello and welcome! Please read the rules to the forum. it will help explain some of the responses you are receiving.

Coming to a forum as a new person, asking experience soapmakers who do this for a living or to help supplement their income for their recipes that took them months or longer to create so you can sell is a big no no.

Folks here are glad to help. If you post the recipes you've tried and are not happy with, members will be happy to help you troubleshoot to make it better.

It's not a support forum in that sense - it's a place to learn and to share in this hobby of soap making. As was said, literally coming out and saying "I don't want to invest money in trying different things, so just give me your best sellers (which you might have invested a lot of time and money in working out) so I can sell them" is a rather brazen question to ask. That's not looking for support, is looking to get it handed to you on a plate. Some people might well be more than happy to post their best scent combinations, but don't be surprised/hurt when other people don't care to do so.

You will need to determine the safe usage rate of essential oils. As mentioned before, you need to use much more than you have used before - drops and teaspoons isn't nearly enough. Here are a couple of articles that might be helpful to you.

https://www.modernsoapmaking.com/essential-oil-usage-rates-ifra-guidelines/
https://www.modernsoapmaking.com/top-ten-essential-oils-for-soapmaking-starter-essential-oil-blends/

The EOs that seem to stick best for me are lemongrass, peppermint, patchouli, tea tree, lavender, rosemary and 10x folded orange. Litsea cubeba is also a pretty good sticker with a lemonish scent.

Latest posts

Back