Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the look of he loaf but I was thinking the same thing- that when cut into bars, it may simply look like a soap with a stripe of brown in it. That's all good but it would lose the nice effect of the wave of the line, but there it is.

Pulled a few out of my old screen shot file that I can't see well.

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 4.52.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 10.56.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 4.42.15 AM.png

By Pure Soaps

PureSoaps.jpg

By Brenda Merrick-Havlice

Brenda MErrick-Havlice.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a "NorasSoapScents" soap, the ingredient label:-
"Ingredients include Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Canola Oil, Tussah Silk, Kaolin Clay, Sodium Hydroxide, Coffee grounds, Fragrance, Mica or Oxide Colorants and body safe FDA approved glitter."

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, right? Seeing those precise edges and glass smooth faces is a little intimidating.

If she cut the bottom pieces and laid them in the mold they'd have a bit of green under them I think so she must have planed or cut them. Sigh.

The face of the soap is perfect too. Another sigh.

Last edited:
I know, right? Seeing those precise edges and glass smooth faces is a little intimidating.

I don't know for sure of course, but it looks to me they were cut with a wire cutter and then polished or maybe steamed. I know a lot of soapers that polish and steam their soaps to get a smooth glass finish like that.

Back